Fat Removal Options
Surgical Cellulite Removal Procedure
Smart Liposuction Procedure
Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure
Mole & Lipoma
Mole & Lipoma Removal Procedure
SCAR REVISION Procedure
Labiaplasty Surgery Procedure
MOMMY MAKEOVER Procedure
Butt Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Tummy Tuck New Jersey – Gartner Plastic Surgery
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a procedure in which skin and fat are removed from your abdomen, and the abdominal wall muscles are tightened to correct any separation. If you have loose abdominal skin and excess fat that no amount of healthy dieting and exercise appears to be able to improve, a tummy tuck may be the answer for you.
You Can Expect
- Give you a smoother, flatter stomach.
- Correct diastasis recti, the separation of your abdominal muscles which can make your stomach protrude more.
- Liposuction, performed during your surgery to enhance your results and shorten your recovery.
- Reshaping of your waist and back, which can be targeted at the same time for better results.
- A scar that is as short as possible and placed correctly to remain hidden by your clothing.
- The ability to get back to work within two weeks or so.
- *Your belly button may look natural and aesthetically improve.
- The freedom to wear clothes that fit you better.
- No more love handles, muffin top or looking like you’re still pregnant.
- A boost in your self esteem and confidence levels.
WHAT THE PROCEDURE ADDRESSES
What can a tummy tuck in New Jersey do for you?
Dr. Michael Gartner frequently treats clients who’ve tried every healthy, natural way to get in shape. When the abdomen doesn’t cooperate with your hard work due to skin laxity, expanded abdominal muscles or stubborn fat deposits, tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can be the answer. While many people choose to restore the belly after childbearing with this cosmetic surgery, you don’t need to be a mom, or female, to benefit from it. Here’s what a New Jersey tummy tuck can do:
Tighten skin after significant weight loss
Those who shed significant body fat often have excess skin to show for it. Though your skin has amazing regenerative properties, it can’t return to its original tone after prolonged stretching. The tummy tuck procedure removes excess skin to create a smoother, tighter abdominal surface.
Repair diastasis rectus
Another issue faced most commonly by women after childbirth is the permanent separation of vertical abdominal muscles. Some people find that their belly protrudes no matter how intensely they workout and target their abs. While not considered to be a medical necessity, the drawing together and tightening of these muscles can help to restore strength and tone to the midsection and core.
Improve the look of your navel
A full/standard tummy tuck in New Jersey will allow for reconstruction of the umbilicus.
Improve the fit of clothing
Many New jersey tummy tuck patients report that their clothes fit better after their procedure. Removing excess skin- even without fat reduction- can significantly improve one’s shape and slim the waist. Another benefit is that when athletic clothes fit well, people feel more confident hitting the gym.
What should you expect from your tummy tuck?
You should expect a significant incision from your abdominoplasty. While that’s usually considered the main drawback, experienced plastic surgeons place the incision expertly low and well-hidden. The scar can be faint and thin, plus you’ll receive instructions to help make it as discrete as possible. Expect permanent internal sutures if you have a diastasis repair. These cannot be felt from the outside typically, but they ensure a lasting, durable repair.
Expect some bruising and swelling
most tummy tuck patients take an average of 2 weeks off work. The first 14 days see the majority of inflammation subside, but you’ll need to take time off regular activities to rest and heal. Likewise, you can expect your incisions to close by 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. In the meantime, you’ll need to keep them clean and protected, avoiding swimming, hot tubs and other sources of infection. Expect to see your new shape revealed between 2 to 4 months after surgery. Expect scars to mature and fade throughout the first 12 months after abdominoplasty.
What makes your tummy tuck at New Jersey Gartner Plastic Surgery unique?
Liposuction and Tummy Tuck
Dr. Gartner performs liposuction at the same time as your tummy tuck to create an even better improvement of your midsection. The medical community once believed that combining liposuction with a tummy tuck would be riskier for the patient, but this has been proven to be untrue by a number of studies, including Lipoabdominoplasty: A versatile and safe technique for abdominal contouring. This study actually proves that performing liposuction at the same time can actually drastically reduce complications and achieve a better aesthetic result for you. You may also experience a faster recovery. For this reason, Dr. Gartner uses liposuction to remove fat that is located deeper under the skin, which would be difficult and more traumatic to remove with tummy tuck techniques alone.
Excess Fat in Waist and Back
During your tummy tuck, excess fat in your waist and back can also be removed by Dr. Gartner, areas that would normally not be effectively treated with more traditional techniques. That means your mid-section will be more contoured after surgery, resembling more of an hourglass!
Before your surgery, you’ll be asked to put on your bathing suit or bikini, or one that you hope to wear after surgery. Dr. Gartner will then make sure to mark the location of your incision so that the resulting scar will remain well hidden by your bathing suit or bikini. This is done to make sure that your scar is placed below your belly button enough and it’s not too long that it would extend beyond the leg holes of your bathing suit/bikini.
Shape of the Belly Button
One of the primary patient concerns of a tummy tuck is the shape of the belly button after surgery. Dr. Gartner pays special attention to create a natural-looking belly button that is more of an upright oval rather than being perfectly round or horizontal. This belly button shape is more youthful and aesthetically pleasing. Dr. Gartner attempts to match the ideal as outlined by the study, Computer-Aided Analysis of the “Beautiful” Umbilicus.
Progressive Tension Sutures (PST)
Dr. Gartner applies progressive tension sutures (PST) to seal tissues below your skin, eliminating any space where a seroma or hematoma (pocket of fluid) could potentially develop. PST also places less tension on your skin, reducing any strain on blood supply to help with your recovery. One drain (or two if necessary) is placed to further reduce the risk of seroma/hematoma.
Are you a candidate?
Abdominoplasty can achieve a dramatic improvement in your body contour, giving you a leaner, smoother silhuouette that you’ll feel better about. The procedure is suitable for men and women who are the following:
- Realistic in their expectations of the surgical outcome
- At a healthy and stable weight
- Unhappy with their mid-section due to excess fat, skin and separated abdominal muscles
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Able to follow the pre and post-surgical care instructions outlined by Dr. Gartner
Your private medical consultation with Dr. Gartner is the perfect time to talk about your aesthetic goals. You should be honest and frank, as this will help Dr. Gartner better understand what you want to achieve. The tummy tuck procedure will be discussed, as well as any other options that would be able to achieve your results.
To make sure the surgery is safe for you, your medical history and condition will also be reviewed by Dr. Gartner. He’ll go over all of the side effects and risks related to your surgery so that you can then determine if you’d like to proceed.
Your Surgery Explained
Your surgery will be performed at our state-of-the-art surgical facility. Our facility is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). AAAASF medicare certification is considered the gold standard in accreditation and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory center can obtain in the country.
How to prepare for your surgery
It’s important to follow Dr. Gartner’s instructions on how to prepare for your surgery. You’ll have an easier and faster recovery if you do.
- Stop smoking at least four weeks before your surgery.
- Maintain your stable and healthy weight with a sensible diet and exercise regimen.
- Reduce the amount of sodium you consume. This is to reduce the rate of swelling and bloating you’ll experience after surgery.
- Stop taking any medications that thin the blood, such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen.
- Start taking any vitamins that could help improve your recovery rate, such as those containing vitamin C and iron.
- Don’t eat or drink anything at least eight hours before your surgery.
Dr. Gartner will customize surgical techniques to safely achieve your aesthetic goals. This is a general outline of what you can expect during your surgery.
- General anesthesia is administered.
- An incision is made in the pre-marked location. A second incision is made to free the navel from the surrounding tissue.
- The skin is carefully lifted up to the ribs and the muscles of the abdominal wall are tightened if necessary.
- Excess skin and fat are removed by excision.
- Liposuction is performed to remove excess fat deposits.
- The navel is positioned and sutured in place.
- The lower incision is closed in multiple layers, creating a finer scar.
- The incisions are dressed and a drain (or two) is inserted to reduce the risk of seroma or hematoma.
Congratulations, within a few months you’ll be able to see the results of your tummy tuck surgery! All you have to do is to follow the post-surgery care instructions provided to you by Dr. Gartner and wait for your breasts to settle.
You will be affected by swelling, bruising, numbness and discomfort in the first few days after your surgery. These side effects will subside as the weeks pass. If one or two drains were placed, they will be removed in a few days.
How you'll look while you recover
At first, you may look worse than you did before surgery. This is because swelling and bruising will hide your new shape. Make sure to wear your compression garment as advised, as it will help ease swelling. You may also feel tight and be unable to stand straight up. This tightness will gradually subside as your tissues relax.
You’ll be able to take a shower the day after your surgery. Remember to use a mild soap and avoid touching the incisions.
In a couple of weeks, the steri-strips covering your incisions will slowly start curling at the edges and finally fall off. At that time, your incisions will probably be strong enough to start applying a topical scar treatment, such as silicone sheeting. This can help improve the appearance of your scars.
When you can go back to work
You can return to sedentary work within a week or two. Physically demanding jobs may require waiting a month or two.
When you can get back to the gym
You can start working out again in about three weeks. However, you should wait at least six weeks before you start weightlifting.
You’ll enjoy a more flatter and firmer mid-section. The love handles or muffin top that you once had before surgery will be gone, allowing you to wear form-fitting clothing that shows off your new shape.
Additional Article About Tummy Tuck
- Tummy Tuck in NJ: The Top 5 Myths Debunked
- Can a Tummy Tuck in NJ Help My Back Pain?
- 5 Fun Facts About Tummy Tucks in NJ
- When Can You Resume Routines After Your Tummy Tuck in NJ?
- Post-Op: Tips For Caring For Your Tummy Tuck in NJ
- New Jersey Tummy Tuck : Is it Right for You?
- How to Minimize Scarring After your Tummy Tuck in New Jersey
- Planning For Your Tummy Tuck in New Jersey
- Important Guidelines to Follow after a Tummy Tuck in New Jersey
- New Jersey Tummy Tuck: Can I Get A Tattoo Over My Scar?
Complications and risks associated with a tummy tuck
- Seroma and hematoma
- Wound separation
- Blood clots
- Lasting discomfort and pain
- Under or over-correction
- Dissatisfactory results
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*