HOW WE MAY OBTAIN AND USE YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION
We are required by law to provide you with this as well as abide by it and to maintain the privacy of your protected health information.
The health information you provide may be used by our staff members or disclosed to other professionals in the health care industry for the express purpose of your health, medical conditions and treatment. It may be used to support the daily operations of our facilities and may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without your permission, if necessary.
The health information you provide us with may be used to obtain payment from your health plan or other source of coverage, whether it be an insurance provider, financing company or credit card.
The health information you provide may be disclosed to public health agencies.
We require your specific written authorization to disclose your health information for any other purpose not stated above. Should you change your mind after giving authorization, you may submit a written revocation. However, the revocation may not undo any disclosure of your medical information that happened prior to doing so.
You have the following rights under federal privacy standards governing the state of New Jersey:
- You have the right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your health information.
- You have the right to obtain confidential communication regarding your medical condition and related treatment.
- You have the right to examine and copy your health information.
- You have the right to submit corrections or change your health information.
- You have the right to receive information of how and to whom your health information has been given.
- You have the right to receive a printed copy of this notice.
We reserve the right to amend or modify our policies where permitted by law. A revised notice on your next office visit will be given to you should this occur.
Please submit any requests to inspect or copy your protected health information in writing.