Labiaplasty Surgery Procedure
MOMMY MAKEOVER Procedure
Butt Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Fat Removal Options
Surgical Cellulite Removal Procedure
Smart Liposuction Procedure
Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure
Mole & Lipoma
Mole & Lipoma Removal Procedure
SCAR REVISION Procedure
What labiaplasty can do for you
It is common for women to be self-conscious about the appearance of their external genitalia, also known as labia or vaginal lips, though many women are hesitant to talk about their concerns with appearance or discomfort in this area. Labiaplasty is a cosmetic procedure which modifies the appearance of the labia, reducing their size and correcting asymmetries to create a desired contour and appearance.
The procedure is also commonly known as labia reduction as most cases are associated with the reduction in the size of the labia. A variety of shapes, colors and sizes of labia minora are considered to be normal and pose no problem at all regarding sexual or other function. Some of the changes that can be performed through this surgery include:
- Removing excess tissue from both labia
- Correction of asymmetry for a more balanced look
- Removal of discolored tissues
- Improvement of the quality of a woman’s sex due to increased comfort both physically and mentally
Apart from the aesthetic improvements, the surgery is also found to have some functional improvements for some women. For example, large labia also referred to as labial hypertrophy, can cause discomfort for some women during sexual intercourse or when wearing certain clothes and performing some physical activities. The surgery can significantly improve the quality of life in such situations.
What makes your body lift at Gartner Plastic Surgery unique
- At Gartner Plastic Surgery and Laser Centre, we take great pride in utilizing advanced techniques to reduce the length of recovery for our clients so that they can appreciate their results faster. Dr. Gartner takes great care in customizing the surgery to suit each individual client so that they are able to achieve the specific results that they wished to achieve from the procedure.
- Dr. Gartner is an experienced plastic surgeon with double board certifications in plastic surgery and general surgery. He has decades of experience in the field and has performed numerous Labiaplasties over the span of his career. You will meet him in your first consultation and will be given the opportunity to discuss your medical history and the appearance that you wish to obtain from the procedure. After analyzing your goals and medical history, he will be able to provide suggestions for surgical technique that would be best suited for your goals.
- You will be given information that you need to understand associated risks and benefits and cost so that you are able to make an informed decision. Our world class surgical facility is designed with the state-of-the-art technologies and a safe, welcoming environment to offer our clients access to the most advanced and comfortable procedures currently available in the health care industry. Our surgical facility is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF).
Your Surgery Explained
Your surgery will be performed at our state-of-the-art surgical facility. Our facility is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). AAAASF medicare certification is considered the gold standard in accreditation and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory center can obtain in the country.
Labiaplasty is a relatively simple and uncomplicated procedure that takes roughly one hour or less to be completed. It can be performed under local anesthesia as the surgical site is accessible to the surgeon without making major incisions into the body and the pain is localized to the region.
Anesthesia can be administered in the form of a numbing cream at the local site which will allow the surgeon to then inject an anesthetic agent painlessly as an injection. We will consider general anesthesia if requested by the patient but is not required. The surgical site and tissue to be excised are marked prior to making incisions.
Congratulations, within a few months you’ll be able to see the results of your labia reduction surgery! All you have to do is to follow the post-surgery care instructions provided to you by Dr. Gartner and wait for your results.
After the procedure is completed, the discontinuity in the skin will be sutured to prevent bleeding. You will be taken to the recovery room and monitored by the clinical staff before you are allowed to leave the facility. The labia will be numbed to pain for many hours and patients typically do not feel discomfort when leaving the clinic after local anaesthetic.
General anaesthetic requires that you be accompanied by a friend or family member when leaving to ensure your safety and provide transportation. Upon discharge, you will be provided with easy to follow post-surgical instructions so that you will know how to care for the incisions, avoid infection and ensure great results.
We advise that our Labiaplasty patients avoid baths and swimming pools after surgery until the incisions are completely healed. You may wash the region gently with clean water and mild soap and gently pat the area dry for the first two weeks.
Dr. Gartner will advise you of when regular baths, swimming and sexual intercourse can be resumed. You might experience discomfort, bruising, redness and swelling around the surgical site which is expected. Pain and antibiotic medication is prescribed to prevent infections and improve the healing process. If you have any concerns, our assistance will be a phone call away.
The recovery period is also fairly short and usually ranges between three to seven days. In fact, you would not even need to worry about having the stitches removed as we use absorbable sutures that will dissolve within a few weeks and fall out on their own when they are ready. Even though you will not require suture removal, you will still need to come for a follow-up so that Dr. Gartner can check on your progress and answer any questions you may have.
If you have a sedentary work and lifestyle, you can return to work relatively quickly- within a few days- after your labiaplasty procedure. Avoiding cardio-type exercise and heavy lifting is also advised for a few weeks post op.
The mucous membranes of the labia minora heal very fast and typically do not show visible scars. Because the scars heal nearly invisibly, the natural folds and contours of labia skin will ensure a natural-appearing, soft edge once you have completely healed. Once immediate post-op swelling resolves within the first few weeks, the minor, residual swelling can last for many months and patience is required to see small asymmetries and irregularities balance out.
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*