Butt Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Fat Removal Options
Surgical Cellulite Removal Procedure
Smart Liposuction Procedure
Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure
Mole & Lipoma
Mole & Lipoma Removal Procedure
SCAR REVISION Procedure
Labiaplasty Surgery Procedure
MOMMY MAKEOVER Procedure
What a Brazilian butt lift can do for you
Imagine being able to take unwanted fat from one area of your body, then putting it into your buttocks to give you a sexier contour? A Brazilian butt lift does just that! You can lose inches around your waist or thighs and have fuller, curvier buttocks. In fact, 90% of women who had a Brazilian butt lift had a good improvement in proportion and projection after their surgery, as recorded in the study, Contouring of the gluteal region in women: enhancement and augmentation.
You Can Expect
- *Reduce unwanted fat in areas that you want leaner, such as your stomach, waist, thighs and back.
- Recontour your derrière for more roundness and projection.
- *Get more of an hourglass figure.
- A far lower risk of infection because no artificial implants are used for your buttock augmentation.
- Special micro-droplet technique improves longevity of your results.
- A faster recovery than traditional butt augmentation.
- Get back to work within week or so.
- An immediate improvement, with optimal results appearing in a couple of months.
- A more attractive and proportionate body contour that you won’t be embarrassed to flaunt!
Brazilian Butt Lift
Patients who are unsatisfied with the shape of their butt can enhance their look with butt lift surgery.
What makes your Brazilian butt lift at Gartner Plastic Surgery unique
First Board Certified Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery in New Jersey
Dr. Gartner was the first board certified plastic surgeon in New Jersey to have performed the Brazilian butt lift, and he was doing it even before the procedure was called that (back then, it was just called autologous fat transfer)! In fact, Dr. Gartner has been performing the procedure for over 10 years and during this time, he has refined surgical techniques to make it safer and more effective by doing two things: gently purifying the fat with a handheld centrifuge and using the micro-droplet injection technique. These refinements (similar to those made for fat transfer breast augmentation) improve the longevity of the fat transferred to the buttocks, allowing it to “take” better and making it more durable. This means you’ll be able to have longer lasting results than other butt lift methods.
The Micro-Droplet Technique
Unlike many surgeons, Dr. Gartner applies the micro-droplet technique using small cannulas to spread the fat out in your buttocks. Not only does this allow you to have a fuller and more balanced shape than traditional implants, it also improves fat longevity. Placing large wads of fat in single areas makes less of it survive. With the micro-droplet technique, the transferred fat develops micro blood vessels that grow into the fat cells to support their survival for the long term. According to Method and system for preparing soft tissue for grafting, enhancing grafting results, and grafting autologous fat and adipocyte derived stem cells to soft tissue such as the breast and other tissue defects, *the average of survivability of the transferred fat is high*. *Compare that to older techniques of transferring, which only achieve a minimal survivability rate*, according to the study, The neglected free fat graft.
Brazilian Butt Lift Limitations
The only limitations placed on the amount of fat you can transfer during your Brazilian butt lift are the amount you have and the amount your butt can accept. You may run out fat to transfer, so if you are leaner and want a more dramatic result, then Dr. Gartner may advise you to gain some weight before your surgery. The other limitation relies on the amount of fat your buttocks can take.
Naturally Dissolving Sutures
Once your cosmetic surgery is finished, dissolvable sutures will be placed to close your incisions. These incisions will measure just a few millimetres and will be located in discreet locations, so they won’t be easily seen. Your sutures will dissolve naturally as you recover, so you won’t have to come back to get them removed.
Are You A Candidate For Brazilian Butt Lift?
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) uses a patience’s fat to improve the size and shape of their butt.
The following things may make you a candidate:
- You are unhappy with the lack of fullness in your butt.
- You are unhappy with the lack of fullness in your butt.
- You understand the risks related to surgery.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You have enough excess fat on your body (other than in your breasts) that can be harvested and transferred to your buttocks to achieve the improvement you want. Please note that this procedure is not suitable as a method of breast reduction.
Your consultation is an important part of your transformation. You’ll talk to Dr. Gartner to find out more about what options are available to help you achieve the look you want. You may find that an alternative to a Brazilian butt lift is better suited for you. You’ll talk about:
- Brazilian butt lift surgery
- The associated risks
- Your goals
- Your medical history
- Dr. Gartner’s experience and credentials
- Our surgical facility
At the end of the consultation, you’ll be able to decide if a Brazilian butt lift is suitable to achieve your cosmetic goals, if the pros outweigh the cons, and if Dr. Gartner is the right cosmetic surgeon for you. You’ll also receive a quote for your surgery.
Your Surgery Explained
Your surgery will be performed at our state-of-the-art surgical facility. Our facility is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). AAAASF medicare certification is considered the gold standard in accreditation and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory center can obtain in the country.
How to prepare for your surgery
Dr. Gartner will give you instructions on how to prepare for your Brazilian butt lift. Follow them to make your surgery and recovery smoother. Some things that you may need to do include the following:
- Don’t take any blood thinners at least two weeks before surgery (e.g. Aspirin).
- Refrain from smoking for at least two weeks.
- Create a comfortable environment in your home so that you can spend your time recovering without distractions or stress. You can do things like clean the house, prepare healthy food so you don’t have to cook, arrange for childcare and fill any prescriptions.
- You won’t be able to sit on your buttocks after the procedure so make sure you have pillows, blankets and anything else you’ll need to be comfortable.
- If you don’t have enough fat on your body to harvest, you may be asked to gain some weight beforehand. However, Dr. Gartner will let you know if you need to do this.
General anesthesia is administered. There are two parts of your procedure: fat removal and injections to your buttocks.
- First, incisions are made in the donor site from which fat is to be harvested, using standard lipoplasty techniques. These areas are most often the abdomen, waist, and back. The thighs may also be targeted. (We cannot harvest from your breasts, however.) A maximum of five liters of aspirate can be removed in one surgery for the average patient. The incisions are sutured.
- After the harvested fat is purified with a handheld centrifuge, small pearl size drops are injected in different layers of tissues in the buttocks, but all near a blood supply. The layering method of the micro-droplet technique creates a smooth and rounded buttock that is more even in shape. It also reduces the risk of contour irregularities.
Congratulations, within a few months you’ll be able to see the results of your Brazilian butt lift surgery! All you have to do is to follow the post-surgery care instructions provided to you by Dr. Gartner and wait for your breasts to settle.
What’s great about Brazilian butt lift procedures is that you’ll be able to see improvements of your body contour right after your surgery, before swelling and bruising set in.
- Make sure to follow all of Dr. Gartner’s post-surgery instructions to facilitate your recovery.
- Wait for about three or four months for the optimal results of your surgery to appear.
- Maintain your results with a healthy diet and lifestyle.
The first stage of your recovery
In the first couple of days following surgery, you’ll notice swelling become more prominent, along with bruising and discomfort. These will subside. For the first week, you’ll be asked not to sit at all (except when going to the bathroom).
From the second week to the fifth, you’ll be able to sit but without direct pressure on your buttocks. You can do this by rolling up a swimming noodle in a bath towel and putting it under your thighs, so the majority of the pressure is on your thighs. If you must drive during this time, you can do so for 30 minute stretches.
You’ll wear a compression garment for six weeks following your augmentation. The garment, which we’ll give you, looks like a one-piece bathing suit with the buttocks cut out.
When you can go back to work
You’ll be able to go back to work in a week, *however you won’t be able to sit for extended periods of time*. If you work at a desk job that requires you to sit all day, you may need to take a total of six weeks off.
When you can get back to the gym
After four weeks, you’ll be able to go back to the gym. Take it easy as first so you don’t hurt yourself, as you may be a little out of shape. Don’t worry, though, you’ll be back to your pre-surgery shape (or even better) after a couple of weeks.
It’s important to note that you should refrain from dancing or performing any other activity that shakes your buttocks for at least six weeks to protect the new vessels forming. This includes going on the elliptical machine or jogging.
After about three or four months, the majority of the swelling will have disappeared, revealing your results. You’ll be leaner in the areas from which the fat was removed and have fuller, perkier buttocks. In fact, if your mid-section was a donor site, you’ll probably have more of an hourglass figure!
A butt lift Brazilian style is popular for women who want to revamp their body contour. It can be combined with a breast lift, thigh lift, or other procedures to give you the body you want.
Because this removes fat cells from the donor sites, you’ll notice that these areas won’t experience as much expansion with future weight gain. Your buttocks will, however, will get larger because of the additional fat cells.
Complications and risks associated with a Brazilian butt lift
Since the first part of the surgery is harvesting the fat, some of the related side effects and risks are the same as liposuction. Side effects include swelling, bruising and discomfort. You may also feel nauseous or vomit, which is a side effect of general anesthesia.
In some cases, too much of the fat that has been transferred to the buttocks gets reabsorbed by the body. Generally speaking, any that gets reabsorbs will do so over the three months following surgery. Fat that doesn’t get reabsorbed will remain permanently (barring future weight loss). This will result in insufficient improvement or asymmetry that can be corrected with a subsequent surgery.
All of the following risks are rare (and in the rare event they happen, medical attention should be sought immediately):
Fat necrosis and calcification
Fat necrosis and calcification: Sometimes, fat transferred to the buttocks dies and forms a calcification. This can be felt as a hard lump or nodule. Patients who smoke or sit on their buttocks too much are at a higher risk of developing necrosis.
Major discomfort and pain
Major discomfort and pain: This can be caused by a variety of reasons.
Infection: This can affect transferred fat or the incisions. When detected early, it can be well controlled with oral antibiotics. Smokers are at a higher risk of developing an infection.
Hematoma or seroma
Hematoma or seroma (a pocket of blood or fluid inside the body): This may go away on its own or require surgical drainage.
Irregular scarring: Incisions are placed where they won’t be detected easily. However, sometimes the incisions may develop into scars that are raised and dark. This may occur in patients with a history of irregular scarring or if an infection at the incision site develops.
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*
Brazilian Butt Lift
Additional Article About Brazilian Butt Lift
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
- Maintaining Scars After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Buttocks Implants: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Things To Be Aware Of Before Getting Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- How Long Will Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift Last?
- When Will I See Results From My Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Getting Back Into Regular Routine After Brazilian Butt Lift
- Losing Weight After Brazilian Butt Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Fat Transfer
- How Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Done?