- *Reduce unwanted hair on your face and body.*
- *Reduce ingrown hairs and the irritation associated with them.*
- Give you the freedom of no longer having to shave, wax, pluck or bleach.
- Hair-free skin.
- The added benefit of a smoother, more even toned complexion.
Why your laser hair removal treatment at Gartner Plastic Surgery is unique
1. The technology we offer is able to treat sun-tanned skin. This is totally different from other technologies that are unable to effectively perform treatment on tanned skin due to a higher risk of burns and other complications. All we do is adjust your treatment regimen to better accommodate your situation, so you won’t have to postpone your sessions and delay your results.
2. Ingrown hairs (pseudofolliculitis barbae) can be eliminated with our technology, as it can still penetrate down to the follicle despite being covered by skin. As a result, you’ll be able to enjoy a smoother complexion that isn’t affected by irritating bumps.
3. Unlike other devices, we are able to treat larger areas at one time, with computer-guided software that guarantees an even dispersion of laser energy to the area. Four times faster than other devices, this shortens the length of time each session takes, so you can get back to your regular activities faster.
Our device is equipped with a sapphire plate that improves your comfort and safety during your treatment.
Are you a candidate?
Laser hair removal is suitable for men and women with any skin type who are unhappy with the excessive hair growth they have on their face and body. All hair colors can also be treated, from blonde to black.
Before your treatment, you’ll talk about your goals with one of our talented medical aestheticians. They’ll examine the area you’d like to treat and briefly discuss your medical condition and history to ensure laser hair removal is suitable for you. It is important to note that while laser hair removal is effective, sometimes underlying medical conditions may cause excessive hair growth and those should be treated first.
You’ll find out approximately how many sessions you may need to achieve the results you want.
As part of your consultation, you’ll have a small patch test done in the area you’d like to treat. This is done to note how your skin and hair react to the treatment.
How to prepare for your treatment
It’s important to not wax, sugar or pluck your hair before a session as the technology is effective only when the hair follicle is still intact. Make sure your skin in the target area is not irritated, inflamed or infected, as this may increase the risk of developing a complication. For your safety, your session may be postponed if the health of your skin is compromised.
While suntanned skin can be treated, you should let us know if you’ve tanned recently as we’ll need to adjust your treatment regimen accordingly for your safety.
1. The skin in the target area will be cleaned.
2. A numbing cream may be applied beforehand to increase your comfort. This is not necessary, but you may request it if your prefer.
3. A gel is applied to the target area(s). This gel helps to cool the skin during your treatment.
4. The target area is exposed to laser energy emitted by a handheld device.
Once all of the target areas have been treated, your skin will be cleansed. We may apply a sunscreen and moisturizer to protect the integrity of your skin.
You’ll be able to get right back to work after your session. Redness, sensitivity and slight swelling may occur, but these will all go away in a day or two. Your skin will be hypersensitive to sun exposure, therefore it’s important to keep the area(s) covered up.
Over the next couple of weeks after your session, you’ll notice that the hair in the target area will gradually shed.
Because laser hair removal can only target hair follicles that are actively growing, you may find that some hair starts to regrow in an area you had treated. This is normal as in one area, hair can grow at different rates. This new growth can be removed at your next session.
Complications and risks associated with laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is a laser based technology. For this reason, the most notable risks associated with the treatment include burns, undesirable pigmentation changes and scarring.