- Regrow hair in specific spots, or all over your head.
- Reverse the effects aging has on your hair growth.
- A series of treatments can be performed for optimal results.
- Can give you short or long hair, depending on your preference.
You’ll be able to:
- Enjoy having thicker, healthier hair.
- Replace bald spots with new hair growth.
- Not be worried about an unsightly linear scar, since you won't have one!
- Experience a faster recovery because you'll be able to go to work the next day.
What makes your hair restoration treatment at Gartner Plastic Surgery unique
1. Your first consultation is with Dr. Gartner, a double board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in hair restoration, and not a simple consultant with no medical training who just wants to "sell". Dr. Gartner's medical training and experience in aesthetic surgery allows you to obtain reliable and trustworthy information about your hair loss treatment.
2. Your treatment is performed at our state-of-the-art and fully accredited surgical facility, which is equipped with advanced technologies to ensure your experience is safe and secure.
3. Our center is dedicated to only providing patients with the most advanced, least invasive methods of cosmetic medicine. As a result, Dr. Gartner offers the hair restoration method because of its ability to achieve long lasting results with minimal downtime.
How hair restoration works
This advanced technology is an automated hair transplant system that is based on Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). FUE is a method of harvesting individual hair follicles from an area of your scalp with plenty of hair, like the back of your head, without scalpels. That means you won't be left with a linear scar, which is common for other less advanced hair transplant techniques. You'll also experience a shorter and less uncomfortable recovery, without having to worry about any stitches because you won't have any! Hair restoration is praised for being more accurate at harvesting donor hair, and these grafts can be transferred to desired areas faster. Doing this ensures a more successful result.
Are you a candidate?
If you are a man or woman who is unhappy with thinning hair due to aging, genetics, trauma or other reason, then you may be a candidate. You should be in relatively healthy. Your hair loss should be mild to moderate, and you should still have a sufficient amount of hair on the back of your scalp, where donor hair will be taken.
Side effects and risks
Short term side effects of a hair transplant include discomfort and sensitivity. Risks include infection, bleeding and undesirable results. Please note that more than one treatment may be needed to achieve your goals.
Your hair transplant treatment is customized according to your specific needs. This is a general outline of what may happen for you:
1. Anesthesia is administered.
2. Donor hair is removed from the back of your scalp.
3. The donor hair is placed into the desired areas on the scalp, and checked to make sure they are accurately in place.
4. The treated areas are dressed.
You'll receive a complete list of care instructions that you should follow to recovery quickly from your treatment.
Right after your treatment, you may be able to see an instant improvement, although any dressings may make it difficult to do so. Some drainage may occur, but this is minor. Make sure to take care when showering or when you're outside, as the hair grafts may become displaced if too much force is applied. You'll notice that the grafts may be slightly raised in the week or two after your treatment and scab over, but they'll gradually become level as you recover.
When you can go back to work
You can go back to work the day after the procedure, unless stated otherwise.
When you can go back to the gym
You can start exercising one to two weeks after your treatment.