- Reduce your breast size.
- Address mild to severe sagging.
- *Reduce the pain and discomfort you feel in your neck, shoulders and back because of your large and heavy breasts.*
- Enable you to wear a bra that doesn’t cut into your shoulders or leave bruises.
- *Reduced experience the irritation that exists in your breast folds (intertrigo).*
- A less invasive procedure than traditional breast reduction.
- A higher nipple position.
- The ability to see your results far sooner than other breast reduction and lift methods.
- Enjoy daily activities and sports without pain or strain.
What makes your breast reduction at Gartner Plastic Surgery unique
1. You’ll receive pre-emptive anesthesia. Pre-emptive anesthesia has been found to prevent hypersensitivity to the discomfort and pain following your surgery, according to the study, New Concepts in Pain Therapy: Preemptive Analgesia. Because you won’t be so sensitive to any resulting pain, this allows you to have an easier recovery period.
2. Not only will your breast size be reduced by several cup sizes, your breast shape will be enhanced as well. Your breast will not sit so flat against your body; rather, it will sit higher, have more fullness in the upper portion and project more from your body. Your nipple position will be raised to a higher position above your breast fold, making the appearance of your breast perkier.
3. Dissolvable sutures are used so you won’t have to come back to get them removed. They’ll just dissolve naturally in the days and weeks following your surgery, leaving your incisions sealed.
Breast Reduction Treatment Options:
Scarless Breast Reduction
- Address mild to moderate sagging.
- Only local anesthesia with oral sedation is administered.
- Our breast reduction surgery will lift the breasts as well. Nipple height is increased.
- Incisions measure only a few millimeters.
- Minimal recovery time from breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction surgery recovery time is short. Get back to work within a week or less.
- The size of your breasts will be reduced by a couple of cup sizes, and you’ll have a perkier contour as indicated by a higher nipple position.
- Scarring is well hidden in your breast fold and are tiny. The breast reduction scars will take about a week to heal.
Scarless breast reduction is by far the most simplified and least invasive treatment for you that is designed to decrease the size of your breasts and lift them at the same time, all without extensive scarring or the risks and side effects associated with general anesthesia. The only scars you’ll have will be located under each of your breasts, in the breast fold (inframammary). *Each scar will measure about 5mm*, which is about half the size of a green pea, and will be well hidden in the natural crease of the breast fold. Traditional breast reduction techniques result in scars that can be several inches long, typically extending from the areola down to the breast fold, then horizontally in the fold—but fortunately, you won’t have that! Your scars will be practically invisible and take about a week to heal.
You have the choice of local or general anesthesia, depending on the extent of your ptosis. If you choose local, you won’t feel any of the risks or side effects that general anesthesia has, such as nausea/vomiting and the fear of not waking up. Your recovery will be faster, too, so you can have surgery on Thursday, then get back to your desk job on Monday! In fact, you may also start working out in about two weeks.
Your ability to breastfeed after surgery won’t be as compromised as it would with traditional breast reduction. Our technique is not as traumatic to your breast tissues and your milk ducts because only fat is removed to reduce the size of your breasts, not any other tissues. The majority of your breast structure remains intact so you’ll have smaller breasts with the same shape.
You won’t need drains after surgery. Traditional breast reduction often involves the placement of drains upon completion of surgery. These drains help prevent the accumulation of fluids, although they can be quite uncomfortable for the patient while in place. Further the risk of infection in increased. However, our scarless breast reduction technique does not require the placement of drains. All you have to do is wear a bra for about four months after surgery to help reduce any swelling that may occur. Your bra will also help your skin retract, reducing the risk of sagging.
Scarless breast reduction can also make your breasts appear perkier by affecting nipple positioning. Depending on the amount of reduction, *your nipple can rise by two to six inches*.
Vertical Breast Reduction
- Undergo a less invasive procedure than traditional breast reduction.
- The breasts are lifted at the same time for more fullness and projection.
- No incision is made in the breast fold so that there is less scarring. Breast reduction scar healing time takes about a week.
- The breast reduction surgery recovery time is very short. You will get back to desk work within a week.
- You’ll see an improvement shortly after surgery, but optimal results will appear in a few weeks.
There are currently several techniques to reduce the size of a woman’s breasts, and each have its benefits and drawbacks. However, we have found that a Vertical Breast Reduction is by far the most simplified and least invasive for women who want to decrease the size of their breasts by several cup sizes. In the study, Vertical Breast Reduction, it was found that this technique can not only reduce your breast size, but also reshape your breasts so that they have a more aesthetically pleasing contour that is marked by better fullness and projection. The study also found that you’ll most likely experience a high satisfaction rate with your results. Basically, it’s a reduction and lift in one surgical procedure, without extensive bleeding, scarring or downtime.
The only scar you’ll have will be around the areola and straight down from it to the breast fold (in the shape of a lollipop). You won’t have any incision that extends horizontally in the breast fold.
Are you a candidate?
Breast reduction is one of the most rewarding cosmetic procedures performed at our state-of-the-art surgical facility. The treatment decreases your breast size so that you can enjoy a more balanced and youthful body contour. You can also be free of the pain or discomfort that you once had to live with because of your large and heavy breasts. However, before you decide on having breast reduction, there are some things that you should consider. Dr. Gartner will ask you about the following to determine if you’re a suitable candidate:
1. Your health: Breast reduction is designed for women who are generally healthy, both physically and psychologically. Some medical conditions, such as cancer and severe obesity, may make the surgery unsafe for you. You should also have realistic expectations of your surgery–it’s all about improvement, not perfection.
2. You are not pregnant or breastfeeding: You should not be pregnant or breastfeeding at the time of your surgery. If you are, please wait after six months or so after either before considering the surgery.
3. You are considering the surgery because you are unhappy with the size of your breasts, and/or are experiencing related health issues due to their size.
4. You are aware of the risks and complications related to this procedure. Dr. Gartner will discuss these with you during your consultation. Being aware allows you to make an informed decision.
5. If you are considering scarless breast reduction, your breasts are primarily composed of fatty tissue. You should also understand that this technique will reduce your breast size by a couple of cup sizes. For a more drastic reduction or if your breasts have a lot of glandular tissue, then the vertical breast reduction technique would be more suitable for you.
6. You promise to follow the pre and post surgical care instructions given to you by Dr. Gartner. These instructions are designed to help you prepare for your surgery and make your recovery a faster one.
Do you think you’re a suitable candidate for breast reduction? Call Dr. Gartner to book your private medical consultation to confirm.