- Minimize and eliminate discoloration.
- Smooth rough textures.
- Tighten enlarged pores.
- Address fine lines.
- Control acne.
- Reduce the appearance of superficial scarring.
- The ability to get right back to work with a mild peel. You may need to wait a week or so if you have a deep peel.
- You can see the results of your treatment the next day if you have a lighter peel.
- Enjoy a smoother, more even toned complexion that’s more youthful.
- Your skin will glow.
There are four facial peels to choose from. They vary in intensity, ranging from superficial to deep.
For the ultimate glow
Glycolic Glow Peels gently remove the uppermost layers of the epidermis to reveal the healthier layers underneath. Not only will your skin glow right your treatment, you’ll also experience additional beneficial effects on the underlying epidermis:
- It stimulates the production of collagen, firming up the skin.
- It stimulates the production of elastin, making the skin more supple.
- It accelerates the production of new skin cells, which restructures the skin and prevents the regrowth of the same problems the skin previously bore.
Glycolic acid has the ability of the skin to bond with water, dramatically boosting moisture levels, according to a study found in the journal, Dermatologic Surgery.
Your skin will feel like it has a mild sunburn after treatment, and you can get right back to daily activities. For this reason, the Glycolic Glow Peel is ideal as an instant refresher for your skin, so you can look your best at your important social event in the near future. It can be used to address complexion concerns on your face or body.
For gentle complexion renewal: light peels
Light peels only remove the uppermost layers of the epidermis, comprised essentially of dead skin cells and debris that clog your pores and hide the fresher skin underneath. A light peel can resolve many complexion irregularities:
- Smooth away fine wrinkles by stimulating collagen and elastin production.
- Control acne and minimize future breakouts by destroying harmful bacteria and moderating excess oil production.
- Even out skin pigments to even out tone.
At most, a mild stinging may be felt during your treatment but the majority of patients don’t even feel that. You’ll experience some redness and tenderness afterward, but it will go away quickly.
For smoother skin and eliminating unsightly blemishes: medium peels
The medium peel targets the entire epidermis, stripping it away entirely to reveal the deeper skin layer underneath, known as the dermis. Because it affects more layers of your skin, you can target deeper wrinkles and blemishes:
- Unclog pores and eliminate excess oils.
- Smooth away vertical lip lines.
- Diminish wrinkles around your eyes.
- Firm up mildly loose skin.
- Erase irregular pigmentation caused by sun damage.
During your treatment, you’ll experience a sensation that is not unlike a sunburn. The treated area may swell slightly and can turn grey in the short term and red/brown for a few weeks after. This is a regular part of the natural healing process of your skin. Once these damaged layers flake off, the epidermis refreshes itself with healthier cells, becoming smoother and more youthful-looking. This can be mildly uncomfortable, but you’ll be able to tolerate it.
For dramatic rejuvenation: deep peels
The deep peel targets not just the epidermis, but the upper portion of the dermis as well. It’s as much damaged skin as can be safely treated during a nonsurgical procedure without profoundly increasing the risk of infections and other complications. This means deep peels are ideal for the following:
- Severe wrinkles, including crow’s feet.
- Deep wrinkles and creases that have a yellow hue (signs of damage caused by long term sun exposure).
- Deep blotches such as birthmarks, and even pre-cancerous lesions.
Because this level of peel is more dramatic, it requires anesthesia to make your treatment more comfortable. Afterwards, Dr. Gartner will coat the affected area in petroleum jelly, which you must keep on for a minimum of two days while your dermis recovers. Swelling may last up to two weeks, and redness may last for up to three months. However, as your skin restores itself, you’ll notice it to be dramatically smoother, younger, more evenly toned and healthier. Your results can last for up to ten years!