- Smooth away wrinkles on the forehead, between the brows and at the corner of your eyes.
- Lift the outer corners of your mouth so that you aren’t permanently frowning.
- Relax platysma muscle bands on your neck so that they’re not as prominent for a more youthful contour.
- Lower the brow so you won’t look surprised all the time.
- Keep sweating under control in your armpits and on your hands.
- The ability to get back to work right after your treatment.
- The ability to see the optimal results of your treatment in a few days to a two weeks.
- Results that last about three to four months, or longer with routine treatments.
- Enjoy looking younger and feeling better about your appearance.
- You won’t have to worry about sweaty palms or armpits.
- Commonly used to reduce wrinkles in the neck and face.
How do BOTOX® and Dysport® work?
BOTOX® and Dysport® contain a protein called Botulinum toxin, produced by a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. When used in a very dilute form, its effect is such that it blocks the processes that cause your muscles to contract. This temporarily relaxes the targeted muscle responsible for your concnern. Without the ability to contract, the wrinkles in the overlying skin fail to appear, your sweat glands don’t produce as much sweat, and your neck bands become less tense, reducing in prominence.
In fact, BOTOX® was first used to treat strabismus, an ailment of the eye, and is now FDA approved to treat a variety of other health issues:
- chronic migraines
- urinary incontinence
- upper limb spasticity
- abnormal head position and neck pain caused by cervical dystonia
What makes your BOTOX® and Dysport® treatment at Gartner Plastic Surgery unique
1. Your treatment is performed by Dr. Gartner, a double board certified plastic surgeon and general surgeon who is fully trained and licensed to perform your treatment. This is unlike other medical practices where treatment is performed by a nurse.
2. Dr. Gartner assesses your results a little while after your treatment to ensure you have achieved the improvement you want. He will devise a treatment schedule that you can follow to maintain your improvement, adjusting the amount of product injected or when your next treatment should be when necessary. This allows you to look and feel your best, all the time.
Are you a candidate for BOTOX® or Dysport®?
If you say yes to any of the following, you may be a candidate:
- You are healthy.
- You dislike the wrinkles around your eyes that appear when making facial expressions.
- You want to control the amount you sweat on your hands, feet or underarms.
- You don’t have an active infection or irritation in the area you’d like to treat.
- You are not allergic to any of the ingredients in either product.
- You understand the risks associated with your treatment.
- You understand that your results are temporary.
1. Numbing cream may be applied to improve your comfort.
2. Your concern is assessed by Dr. Gartner. The areas to target are marked.
3. A specific amount of product is injected into the target area(s). A series of injections may be necessary.
4. A cool pack may be used to decrease any swelling.
Your results will gradually appear in the days after your treatment and can take up to two weeks.
- You’ll notice a gradual softening of your wrinkles that will make you look refreshed and more youthful.
- You’ll notice a dramatic reduction in the amount of sweat you produce on your palms, feet and armpits so you won’t feel embarrassed anymore of unsightly stains.
- Your neck will be smoother, with a rejuvenated contour.
Complications and risks associated with BOTOX® and Dysport®
The following is a list of complications that may occur. These are all considered rare. If they do occur, they generally disappear when the effects of BOTOX® or Dysport® go away (which can take about four months or so, depending on your body and the area treated).
- Droopy brow or eyelids
- Double vision
- Crooked smile
- Dry eyes
Please seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble breathing or swallowing