What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
One of the advantages of a Mommy Makeover is the potential to combine procedures to make the process more time and cost-efficient. Although these benefits can be extremely valuable, especially for women who are in the middle of raising a child, there are extra considerations that have to be made when planning out your cosmetic journey. Here are some key pieces of information to keep in mind when deciding how to combine multiple procedures as part of your New Jersey Mommy Makeover.
Length Of Surgery
Every procedure performed during an operation increases the length of the surgery. This is a significant factor because of anesthesia. Being under anesthesia for over six hours can negatively affect the recovery period and increase risk, so surgeons don’t like keeping a patient sedated for that long if it can be avoided.
However, the concerns really start to kick in at around the 10-hour mark, so there is the opportunity for wiggle room if you and your surgeon are both comfortable with it. When planning out your New Jersey Mommy Makeover with your surgeon, keep the time estimates in mind and try to avoid combining procedures that overly extend the operation.
It’s worth noting that this time frame only applies to procedures that use general anesthesia. Some parts of a Mommy Makeover can be done under a local anesthetic. You can talk to your surgeon to learn if a local is possible for the specific surgeries in your makeover.
Surgery is, by nature, extremely complex but some operations are more involved than others. A full tummy tuck, for example, is a more complicated and invasive process than liposuction. Undergoing multiple high-complexity procedures in the same surgery can pose additional risks, especially if they cover different parts of the body.
Complex surgeries also take longer, which plays into the time concerns mentioned above. Since a Mommy Makeover is so customizable, it is possible to opt for less-complex versions of certain operations, such as a tummy tuck, to make them more combination-friendly This may require leaving certain aesthetic concerns unaddressed so it will help to focus on the changes you most want to achieve.
It is easier and safer to combine surgeries if they target the same part of the body. This is why abdominal liposuction is commonly used during a full tummy tuck, or why breast augmentation and a breast lift are often offered together. If your aesthetic concerns are focused on a single area of your body then it will be less complicated and more time-efficient to combine surgeries.
Certain surgery pairings are common enough that techniques and practices have developed specifically to make combining them easier. The Big Three procedures of a New Jersey Mommy Makeover, abdominoplasty, liposuction, and breast lift/reduction/augmentation, are one such combination.
Combining liposuction and fat grafting is another. Ask your surgeon during consultation about what procedures they typically combine when performing Mommy Makeovers and use this information to help guide your decision.
Doctor Michael Gartner is a certified plastic surgeon with the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is world-renowned as an innovator in aesthetic plastic surgery. He takes pride in devising the ideal procedures for his patients’ unique needs and seeing them through their cosmetic journey.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms