What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
A tummy tuck, known formally as abdominoplasty, is one of the most common procedures included in a Mommy Makeover. The surgery is used so often in fact, that a tummy tuck is known as one of the Big Three of the New Jersey Mommy Makeover, alongside breast lift and liposuction.
The reason for this moniker is quite simple. Pregnancy can leave behind lasting changes in the abdominal skin and muscles that are impervious to normal forms of self-improvement such as diet and exercise. A tummy tuck directly targets these changes and corrects them.
Effects Of Pregnancy On The Abdomen
The skin and muscle of the abdomen will stretch during pregnancy as the child grows. This is not a problem because the skin is fantastically elastic. The issues come following delivery and the belly’s abrupt deflation. Several months of stretching will have left the abdominal skin loose and “flabby”, often forming creases, folds, or sags.
The underlying muscles can also become loose or separated. This is not dangerous, but it prevents the muscles from tightening or toning properly and can make it difficult-to-impossible to obtain a flat or firm look. Lastly, the weight gain from pregnancy means that pronounced fatty deposits can be left behind.
Role Of A Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck is often given a central role in a New Jersey Mommy Makeover because of how common the above-mentioned changes are following pregnancy. The traditional procedure is done under general anesthesia and targets all of the aforementioned issues. A full tummy tuck will:
- Remove Excess Skin: The abdominal tissue is tightened and toned when possible but too much loose skin or damaged tissue can warrant removal as well.
- Repair Muscles: The main abdominal muscles normally run up and down the middle of the belly. Pregnancy can stretch them apart and push them to the side. During a tummy tuck, the surgeon will relocate these muscles to their normal position to re-tone the area and restore normal function.
- Extract Fat: A full tummy tuck typically includes liposuction to remove fat deposits. The fat is broken down and sucked out, where it is then disposed of or, depending on what other procedures are included in the makeover, purified and employed in fat grafting.
Every woman’s body goes through pregnancy differently and a full tummy tuck is not always needed or desired to address her needs. A “mini-tuck” is a less involved variant that is used when only loose skin needs to be addressed. The procedure is typically limited to the lower abdominal area.
Conversely, some women may experience excess skin and fat deposits along their sides and back, sometimes referred to as “love handles” or “muffin top”. These areas can be included in a New Jersey Mommy Makeover and call for an “extended tummy tuck”.
The results of a tummy tuck do not appear immediately but become more noticeable as the recovery period progresses. Swelling is normal during the initial post-surgery period and usually starts to fade after about a week. You can speed up recovery by taking it easy and avoiding strenuous activity and soon you’ll be able to enjoy a firmer, revitalized stomach.
Doctor Michael Gartner is a certified plastic surgeon with the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and one of just a few in the United States to bear the honor of Double Board Certification. He prides himself on refined surgical technique to maximize patient comfort and minimize the recovery period.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms