Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
Pregnancy is not easy on the body and the process often impacts a woman’s appearance in ways that persist long after delivery. This results in changes that make a woman self-conscious–especially since changes like loose skin or sagging breasts are not affected by diet and exercise. The desire for rejuvenation is why the New Jersey Mommy Makeover is so popular.
A Mommy Makeover is a set of cosmetic procedures specifically chosen to respond to the typical changes pregnancy leaves behind. By combining these procedures together, a Mommy Makeover achieves fantastic results while being less expensive and risky than undergoing each treatment individually.
The Big Three
The three procedures that feature in most Mommy Makeovers are liposuction, breast augmentation, and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Liposuction is when fat deposits in the body are dislodged and sucked out. When done as part of a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey, liposuction targets the hips, thighs, and flank. These areas are not only where fat tends to accumulate during pregnancy, but the fat there is known to be resistant to typical weight loss approaches.
The breasts swell during pregnancy and this causes the skin to stretch. This stretching, along with gravity and the pull of breastfeeding, causes the breasts to sag or have a deflated appearance afterward. Breast augmentation uses implants to restore the breasts’ natural shape and volume. If a woman does not want implants but still wishes for the effects of augmentation, fat removed from liposuction can be used to enhance the breasts instead.
Skin is fantastically elastic, which is why it can expand and stretch as pregnancy progresses. This has the unfortunate side effect of creating looseness and sags following delivery. Elasticity is not affected by diet or exercise so there is no way for a woman to “work off” this extra skin on their own. Abdominoplasty removes excess skin, repairs and re-tightens the underlying muscles, and restores the body’s normal contours.
The Big Three outlined above are the most common procedures employed in a New Jersey Mommy Makeover. There are also other cosmetic treatments that can be performed as part of the Makeover to help respond to more specific image concerns.
A breast lift is similar to an abdominoplasty or facelift in how it is used to remove excess skin and adjust the underlying structure and position of the breasts. A breast lift is useful if the breasts have shifted position from feeding or if there is sagging too pronounced for breast augmentation to address. Pregnancy changes can also magnify existing asymmetries and a breast lift is used to restore balance.
Breast reduction can be performed to address mild-to-severe sagging or to respond to breasts that have remained swollen. The decision to pursue breast augmentation, lift, or reduction, depends on a mixture of individual circumstances, body type, and personal choice, and the details of which will best support the goals of a Mommy Makeover can be discussed with your doctor.
Cesarean deliveries can leave behind scars that do not fully fade or are thick enough to cause discomfort or distraction. Scar revision is when the skin is treated to blend the scar and lessen its appearance or to remove the scar entirely. The exact nature of the revision depends on skin type and the specifics of the scar in question.
Dr. Michael Gartner is fully certified as a plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is also fully certified as a general surgeon by the American Board of Surgery. He enjoys the diversity and customization of procedures available in cosmetic surgery and takes pride in devising the best options for his patients’ unique needs.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms