Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
For women in New Jersey, a Mommy Makeover is a popular way for women to restore their bodies following the rigors of childbirth. This set of customizable procedures can treat everything from excess skin to fat deposits to sagging breasts. However, there are several things women should keep in mind before they book their appointment to ensure they have the best outcome possible.
A Makeover is Not a Lifestyle Substitute
A Mommy Makeover can make a woman look slimmer and give a more flattering appearance, but it is not a substitute for diet and exercise and should not be considered a weight loss tool. Developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle will not only make your body better prepared for surgery, it will promote a faster recovery and help preserve the results for years to come.
Have Reasonable Expectations
The results of cosmetic surgery can definitely seem miraculous but there are real limits on what can be accomplished. A New Jersey Mommy Makeover will be able to undo some of the effects pregnancy leaves on the body but it cannot fully turn back the clock.
You will look firmer, have a flatter abdomen, and have better volume and shape in your breasts, but you won’t necessarily look younger. It is also important to keep in mind that the procedures used cannot remove stretch marks—though your surgeon may be able to recommend other specialists you can see to treat them.
Try to Be at or Near Your Target Weight
As a general rule, try to be within 10% of your target weight before undergoing a cosmetic procedure. There are two reasons for this. The first is that procedures go more smoothly when the patient is not overweight. The second is that gaining or losing significant amounts of weight can disrupt the results of the procedures and cause the effects to diminish or vanish entirely.
You Will Need Help After Surgery
The first few days after your New Jersey Mommy Makeover are the most important for your recovery, so it is important to avoid as much physical exertion as possible. Having a helper to tend to children, handle household chores, and take care of other matters will be a major benefit. You should also plan on being unable to return to work for at least 5-7 days on average, longer if your job involves major physical activity.
Results Won’t Be Immediate
You will experience swelling and discoloration immediately after your surgery. These symptoms will peak at around day three before starting to fade over time. Your body will also undergo subtle and not-so-subtle shifts as it adjusts to the changes. In general, it can take several weeks to a few months for the full effect of your Makeover to become visible. Swelling also tends to decrease from the top-down, so your breasts will recover faster than the abdomen and the abdomen faster than the pubic area.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms