Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
The choice to improve your body with a mommy makeover in NJ probably wasn’t made overnight. You spent many days—possibly even months– considering the options and results you want. Experienced body contouring plastic surgeons suggest that preparation for your procedure can be critical to ensure optimal results.
We want to share several ways that planning ahead for a great recovery can make for an ideal experience.
NJ mommy makeover – timing is everything
If you’ve recently given birth, it is recommended that you allow your body to rest before considering cosmetic surgery. Hormone levels are impacted by pregnancy and affect the healing process and elasticity of your skin. Your skin is remarkable and will often retract back a considerable amount within the first 6 months.
Start with a Healthy Body
Cosmetic procedures can enhance natural beauty and appearance for anyone, but they’re not meant to replace healthy living. Experienced mommy makeover surgeons advise that to see long-lasting benefits; you need to start with a healthy body. Some clients find that their body responds better to surgery when they maintain a nutritious diet and regular exercise beforehand. They also saw a shorter recovery time.
If you’re a smoker, it’s recommended that you set a goal of quitting a couple of months before your surgery. At the very least, nicotine should be avoided for 2 weeks before and after your surgery. Smoking affects the hydration of your skin and blood flow, impacting overall results and recovery. Consider quitting as another step towards beautiful self-improvement.
Begin with a Preferred Weight
Liposuction and tummy tucks provide body contouring to reveal a flattering and appealing shape. They’re not, however, an alternative to weight loss. To get the most out of these procedures, experts recommend that you get within 5 to 10 pounds of your desired weight before the surgery, and maintain it for at least 6 months to allow your body to acclimatize. Preparing for your operation is a perfect opportunity to get into the habit of exercise and healthy eating. NJ Mommy makeover recipients feel that their new look—and outlook—motivates them to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Workout clothes often fit better once healed from a tummy tuck and felling more physically comfortable goes a long way toward a healthier lifestyle.
Support and Downtime
Not everyone wants the world to know about their cosmetic surgery, but it is good to have at least one good friend or family member who can help you stay on track during the preparation phase of your procedure. You might need someone to help with housework, child and pet care postoperatively as well. It’s estimated that it will take 10- 14 days before you can engage in regular activity. If you’ve had a tummy tuck or breast augmentation, it’s reasonable to expect 6 weeks of resting the upper body muscles and abdominals.
We invite you to discuss preparation techniques with Dr. Michael Gartner; a double board certified mommy makeover specialist.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms