Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
When your mommy makeover in NJ is complete, you’ll be able to head home for some R&R while you recover. Patients typically spend a few hours in the recovery suite at the surgical centre with nursing care and instructions, so you’re all set to leave. Patients are accompanied by a friend, family member, or caregiver as the effects of anesthesia take a day or so to wear off.
NJ mommy makeover incisions and drains
Sometimes, after a tummy tuck, a soft drainage tube is placed between the tissue layers under the skin, and exiting out one side of the incision. This serves the purpose of draining the inflammatory fluids and preventing any pockets ( seromas) from forming. You’ll be given instructions to empty them. Not every tummy tuck patient requires a drain, but if you do, trust that it’s doing an important job, and will likely come out at your first or second follow-up appointment.
You can expect to have steri strips placed over your breast incisions and the horizontal abdominoplasty incision. Most sutures will be internal so you don’t see those, but medical tape and bandages will protect the incisions until they heal 2-3 weeks later. Patients can gently wash over these tapes as soon as their surgeon clears them ( usually the second or third day after surgery.)
Medication and food
It’s a great idea to have light, mild snacks like pudding on hand and drinks with straws. You won’t be bed ridden, but short walks around the house with plenty of breaks to rest is normal for the first few days. You’ll need to take a short course of antibiotics and you’ll have prescribed pain medication if needed. Even if you feel a bit queasy for the first few days, it’s essential to eat and drink at least small, light meals.
Drink lots of water to help flush out your system faster and avoid excess salt as it can prolong fluid retention.
For our very active NJ mommy makeover patients, avoiding the gym for weeks on end can be frustrating. However, it’s necessary to pause all aerobic workouts for at least 3 weeks, and more strenuous fitness activity like lifting, pushing and pulling for 6 weeks. Those with children or pets to care for have a much more relaxing recovery if they hire or acquire some additional help. You’ll need to avoid some of the things you take for granted every day such as housework and picking up children, until your plastic surgeon clears you. This temporary restraint goes a long way to ensuring safe, optimal results.
3- 6 months post op
By 8 weeks, most people are back to all their regular activity, with some visible, residual swelling still present. Over the course of several more weeks, you can expect to see scars fade, and remaining puffiness leave your breasts and waist. If you have questions about a mommy makeover, or the recovery you can expect, feel free to get in touch with us at the Gartner Plastic Surgery and Laser Center.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms