Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
A common concern among women who get Mommy Makeovers in New Jersey is scarring. This is understandable—cosmetic surgery is about improving one’s appearance and scars can be both noticeable and unattractive. The bad news is that scars are an unavoidable part of any cosmetic procedure that breaks the skin. The good news is that while scars are unavoidable, noticeable scars are not. Here are the ways that you and your surgeon can minimize the appearance of scars.
The most direct way to keep a scar from being noticeable is to put it in a place that is naturally concealed. Surgeons know this and will keep this in mind when performing a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey. For example, procedures targeting the breasts will usually use the inframammary fold as the incision site. This is where the breast meets the body and is naturally concealed by the folds of the skin and the breast itself. Abdominal procedures place incisions along the lower abdomen near the pubic area where they can be concealed by even low-cut jeans or swimsuits.
Scale of Procedure
Many of the procedures involved have “mini” variants such as a min-tuck or mini-lift. These are more targeted versions of the full procedure and require smaller incisions as a result. During the consultation period, be sure to ask about these options and you and your surgeon can assess whether they will be viable options considering your other needs.
Minimize Sun Exposure
The incision site will be very sensitive following your New Jersey Mommy Makeover and it is important to avoid exposing it to direct sunlight during the recovery period. Sun exposure can irritate the skin and cause the incision to darken, lighten, or become inflamed.
Take it Easy
A smooth recovery decreases the chance of noticeable scars. One of the better ways to promote healing is to relax and avoid strenuous or sudden movements, especially during the first few days of your recovery. This will likely require getting someone to help you with household tasks and childcare for a few days to a week depending on the pace of your recovery. You may also need to take up to a month off work if your job involves heavy lifting or similar levels of exertion.
A well-balanced diet can do wonders for your recovery and you should take extra care to stay properly fed, especially during the first few days. This can sometimes be easier said than done since some patients experience lingering nausea from the anesthetic. Plan ahead and stock up on easy-to-digest foods like bananas, applesauce, and soups in case this happens to you. Another way to keep an upset stomach under control is to eat four-to-five smaller meals throughout the day instead of three large ones.
Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
Smoking and drinking will interfere with your body’s repair mechanisms and will both make your recovery last longer and can increase the likelihood of a scar healing poorly. Cigarettes should be avoided for at least two weeks before and after the date of your Mommy Makeover and alcohol should be avoided for a few days prior and for the duration of your recovery.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms