How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
If you worked hard to get your post-baby body back in shape after giving birth, then regular gym visits, running or sports probably feel like an essential part of life. A mommy makeover in New Jersey is a sought-after cosmetic surgery approach to lifting, nipping and tucking a woman’s body back into youthful form after pregnancy. The combination of procedures usually involve treatment for the abdomen and the breasts but can be completely customized.
While our New Jersey mommy makeover patients are usually eager to get back to regular activities and social lives, we feel it’s essential to set up realistic expectations about the length of time recovery takes. Your safety, and ultimately, your fantastic results will depend somewhat on a careful recovery period.
Returning to the gym depends on components of your makeover
Patients choose a broad variety of cosmetic procedures to make up their new look. They each come with specific restrictions. For instance, when breast implants are placed under the chest muscle, lifting and other arm use restrictions last longer. An abdominoplasty could be mini or full, with or without muscle repair. These differences will affect recovery time, incisions and discomfort while healing. The more extensive your incisions are, the longer they may take to completely heal which means avoiding pools, hot tubs and any other risk of infection.
In general, you’ll be advised to avoid aerobic activity which increases blood pressure for at least 3 weeks. When you get blood pumping harder throughout your body, swelling, pain and even bleeding risks can increase, within a certain timeframe.
When it’s safe to start light workouts again, you’ll be advised to refrain from aggressive, targeted actions that strain specific muscle groups. If you’ve had an abdominoplasty as part of your mommy makeover in New Jersey, your surgeon will advise against crunches. If you’ve had breast implants, you’ll be asked to avoid pushing, pulling or picking up anything over 10 lbs. These guidelines will stay in place for at least 6 weeks.
Things may feel strange when you resume workouts
Some people are surprised and discouraged to find that they feel a little weak when they begin safely exercising again. The new skin tightness is hard to ignore, and nerves may still be sensitive as they’re healing. You don’t need to worry that you’ll be weaker in the long run. Feeling completely back to yourself may take several months. Dr. Gartner advises his mommy makeover clients to be extra patient with themselves. Even after they’re cleared for the gym, they’re encouraged to listen to their body and consider the first year an adjustment phase. When you’re back in full, fighting form, you’ll be able to enjoy your trim, smooth physique and there’s no limit to how fit you can be.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms