Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
Choosing to have a New Jersey Mommy Makeover is the first step on your journey to restore your body to its pre-pregnancy state. By now, you will have sat down with your surgeon for a consultation and worked out the details of your, custom cosmetic procedures. The next step is to get yourself prepared for the changes. Although your job as the patient is much easier than the surgeon’s, there are still some things you can do to better prepare yourself for the operation and lay a good foundation for an ideal outcome.
Talk To Your Regular Doctor
You should speak to your primary care doctor if you have one, before undergoing cosmetic surgery. Your doctor is the one who is most familiar with your medical history and can give you advice tailored to your specific circumstance. If you have health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure, your doctor will be able to advise you on how to best manage them in order to be compatible with surgery. This can be especially important for diabetics since you need to fast for at least eight hours prior to the operation.
Smoking constricts blood vessels and reduces blood circulation. This means less oxygen delivered to your cells when they need it for healthy function. One of those functions is healing and tissue repair, which is important to close incisions quickly after surgery. Cigarettes should be avoided for two weeks before and after your New Jersey Mommy Makeover to keep your system primed and ready to recover.
Alcohol has blood-thinning properties and can interfere with certain medications. It should be avoided before surgery and directly after to prevent interactions with anesthesia or unnecessary bruising. Fortunately, waiting to drink alcohol for a few weeks will pass by quickly when you’re anticipating your new body shape.
Diet & Lifestyle
When considering your diet before surgery, the healthiest goal should be nutritional balance and weight maintenance. This may require temporarily suspending weight-loss diets but you will be able to resume once the main recovery period is over. Talk to your plastic surgeon about any supplements of natural medicines you take as well because natural doesn’t mean they are safe before surgery. Reducing stress and ensuring you are well rested during the days leading up to your surgery will also help promote positive results.
Plan For Downtime
Although this point isn’t about preparing your body for a New Jersey Mommy Makeover, it’s still worth mentioning. You will need to move slowly and carefully following your surgery and it will take around ten days before you can regularly engage in light activity. Be sure to make arrangements so that your work, social, and personal obligations are taken care of in your absence. Our patients find it helpful to arrange for family or friends to take over child and pet care, especially after surgery. If your Mommy Makeover includes a tummy tuck or breast augmentation, then you will need to avoid exerting the upper body or abdominal muscles for about 6 weeks—this includes picking up a small child or infant.
Additional Article About Mommy Makeover
- What Is The Average Price of a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Post-op Instructions After Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- Mommy Makeover in NJ: The Most Common Options
- Preparation Checklist for Your Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How to Plan Your Ideal Results From a Mommy Makeover in NJ
- How Soon Can I Begin to Work Out After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Much Time Off Work Will I Need After My Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How Important Is Timing For A Mommy Makeover in New Jersey?
- How long until you become bikini ready after your Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey : What To Ask At Your Consultation
- Will a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey Send The Wrong Message?
- Find Out Why Fall & Winter Is The Best Time For A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find out if you’re a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover in New Jersey
- Mommy Makeover - This Popular New Jersey Surgery Can Change Your Life
- Find Out Why Mommy Makeover Surgery Is On The Rise In New Jersey
- 3 Mommy Makeover Myths Busted For New Jersey Patients
- Mommy Makeover In New Jersey – Don’t Fear Surgical Scars
- Read This Before You Plan A Mommy Makeover In New Jersey
- Find Out How New Jersey Moms Bounce Back With A Mommy Makeover
- Learn The Surprising Ways A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Can Boost Mental Health!
- Here’s How To Prepare Your Body For The Best Mommy Makeover Results In New Jersey
- 5 Reasons Why A New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Right For You
- Need A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Read This First
- Understanding New Jersey Mommy Makeover Cost
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Uniquely Personalized Plastic Surgery
- What Part Does A Tummy Tuck Play In The New Jersey Mommy Makeover?
- Ready For A New Jersey Mommy Makeover? Here’s How To Plan!
- What You Need To Know About Safely Combining Multiple Procedures
- A Guide To Knowing Your New Jersey Mommy Makeover Options
- New Jersey Mommy Makeover - Yes You Can Have it All
- Today’s Favorite New Jersey Mommy Makeover Combinations
- Here Is Why The New Jersey Mommy Makeover Is Becoming The Most Popular Procedure For Moms