Mommy makeover NYC
A woman’s figure undergoes such dramatic changes during her pregnancy; it’s a natural wonder, and very natural to be left with permanent alterations. More mothers of all ages are choosing a mommy makeover in NYC to reverse the changes they don’t want to live with. Much expanded, shifted tissue will retract more or less, but this depends on a person’s skin characteristics, genetics, muscle tone, weight gain, and so much more. If you have stretched, sagging skin, a protruding tummy or sagging breasts after childbearing, you’re not alone, and there is a fantastic, comprehensive cosmetic solution.
A mommy makeover in NYC with Dr. Michael Gartner can fill out and perk up the breasts, repair damaged abdominal muscles, and reveal a smooth, firm tummy again. Entirely customizable, the term, “mommy makeover” covers several procedures which dramatically reshape and restore a woman’s figure all in one surgery.
Body changes that persist years after babies are born include:
- Misshapen breasts
- Large, heavy breasts
- Lower nipple position
- Flattened upper breast poles
- Much smaller, decreased breast size
- The abdomen may change drastically after being stretched for 9 months
- You may see a protruding or sagging frontal abdomen
- Stretch marks
- Distorted belly button
- Stubborn fat deposits
- Wider hips
- Elongated labia
- Fat deposits on the hips
- Separated abdominal muscles
YOUR GUIDE TO MOMMY MAKEOVER NYC
When you choose a mommy makeover in NYC, can you expect instant transformation? Not exactly. You can restore the breasts and belly to be smoother and perkier, and you can improve the look of some undesirable body changes. Some limitations come with cosmetic surgery, but you can expect to feel better in your own skin again when you and your surgeon partner to make improvements you want. Your personal makeover will include the treatments of your choice and will be unique to you. In general, among the upgrades you can expect are the following head-to-toe factors:
You can expect to elevate your nipple position if pregnancy and breastfeeding left them pointing downward. You can expect a perkier breast shape and increased volume or cleavage depending on whether you choose breast implants or a mastopexy. Any breast enhancement surgery will require scars, though your plastic surgeon will place them discretely whenever possible.
You can expect a smoother, firmer abdomen. If you’ve experienced muscle separation after childbearing, you can have a surgical correction that draws the abdominal muscles firmly back together for a slimmer waist and stronger core, ( diastasis recti repair.) You can have your navel reconstructed through a standard tummy tuck or minor improvements made to the lower belly through a mini tummy tuck. Most NYC mommy makeovers include tummy enhancement surgery. Expect at least one long incision on the lower abdomen, which results in a scar. Whenever possible, you can expect your plastic surgeon to place the tummy tuck scar low, and well-hidden below the underwear line.
You can add liposuction to assist with body shaping in the midsection, or anywhere else you need it. Keep in mind that liposuction isn’t designed for weight loss, but you can expect to target problem areas with this effective contouring treatment. Many people add waist and flank liposuction to their abdominoplasty.
You can expect to enhance your buttocks during your mommy makeover in NYC if you choose. Liposuction from regions where you have extra fat allows for fat grafting into the buttocks to sculpt shapely volume you want. A Brazilian butt lift offers the benefit of whole body shaping with reduction and addition of fat for an hourglass shape.
If you wish to add facial enhancements such as dermal fillers during your NYC mommy makeover, your plastic surgeon will be pleased to discuss this option with you.
What do you need? There’s an NYC mommy makeover for you
NYC Mommy Makeover
Many of Dr. Gartner’s makeover patients are fit, healthy people who’ve worked hard to shed the excess baby weight, yet changes noted in the skin of the belly and breasts can’t be fixed with just exercise or diet. As well, the separation of abdominal muscles, called diastasis rectus, must be repaired through surgery. Some people perform endless crunches and workout daily to tone their abs, yet their soft belly protrudes because of muscle separation. A typical NYC mommy makeover includes a breast enhancement procedure and abdominoplasty, but the varieties available for each area are diverse, and your best options will depend on your needs.
Common combinations include:
- Tummy tuck to excise stretched skin, repair muscles and flatten the belly
- Breast lift ( mastopexy), breast implants, or both
- Liposuction to contour problem areas
There are a few different techniques used for tummy tucks. Dr. Gartner offers the PST, progressive suture technique, full abdominoplasty and mini abdominoplasty as well. Each removes a portion of skin below the navel and pulls the remaining skin taut. A low, horizontal incision will be well hidden within your underwear line. You may have the belly button reconstructed as well. Stretch marks on skin below the navel will be removed, and those remaining are stretched smooth. The separated muscles underneath is sutured tightly together, which helps slim and narrow the waist.
Liposuction removes the stubborn pockets of fat on the “love handle” area, back, thighs, hips and arms. It’s common to add a little liposuction for the abdomen when performing a tummy tuck, but your NYC mommy makeover may include liposuction for additional areas.
Breast augmentation with implants is often enough to fill out deflated tissue and restore pre-pregnancy firmness. Many people choose a low or moderate profile implant to naturally enhance cleavage without a significant size increase. You may need a breast lift to reposition low nipples or remove excess skin. This procedure can be done on its own, maintaining your own breast tissue volume, or combined with implants in an augmentation mastopexy.
Labiaplasty is designed to trim away excess labia minora so that they protrude less and feel more comfortable. Some people prefer the look of shorter labia, and others choose this procedure for comfort. It’s a relatively simple addition to any mommy makeover.
What can you expect to gain through a mommy makeover?
- Reclaim a perky, youthful breast shape
- Elevate the areolas
- Increase the size of breasts and gain full-looking cleavage
- Reduce fat from your midsection, flanks, and other areas
- Firm your stomach
- Repair diastasis recti
- Remove loose, sagging skin on the abdomen
- Reduce labia size
- Increase the curvy shape of your buttocks
- Accentuate an hourglass shape
- Revitalize your face with injectable treatments
What can you expect from your recovery?
You can choose a cosmetic makeover for whatever reason you wish.
- You can expect to feel temporarily sore and swollen with a tight sensation in the midsection
- You’ll be able to return to work anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after surgery depending on your situation
- You can expect 2-3 weeks for your surgical incisions to heal and roughly 6 months for scars to fade
- You’ll enjoy seeing results faster than with traditional surgical techniques.
- You’ll take at least a few weeks off from fitness and gym schedules
- You’ll wear a stretchy, compression garment for your midsection and possibly other areas until cleared to discontinue
- Once you resume exercising, you may find that movements are easier and more comfortable with excess tissue out of the way and muscles firm
- You can expect clothing to fit better once your initial swelling resolves after the first month
- You can expect to see final results sometime after 6 months
Dr. Gartner’s patients are diverse. Some are young mothers who wait the recommended 6 months to one year, then undergo cosmetic improvements to help them get on track again. Some are older moms who’ve raised their kids and are finally ready to do something for themselves as they enter a new phase of life. Some mommy makeover patients haven’t had children, and their body changes are due to dramatic weight fluctuations or age.
Our Surgical Center
Our facility is accredited with the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). They offer the highest certification for safety that an ambulatory hospital can achieve in the U.S.
Are you an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover?
Ideal candidates for mommy makeovers in NYC have healthy expectations for the procedure.
- They know that perfection is not a realistic goal, but there are many improvements that can be made and satisfying results for those who have the right outlook.
- They should plan for help with children and pet care while healing and take at least two weeks off to recuperate at home.
- Women of all ages seeking improvement of two or more body areas may be well suited to a makeover.
- They should be in good general health, without untreated medical conditions or autoimmune disorders, problems with bleeding or clotting.
- Your plastic surgeon will review your health history and ask you questions to help determine that the surgery you want is safe for you.
Schedule your one on one mommy makeover consultation with Dr. Gartner
As one of the top 10 plastic surgery clinics in New York, we offer state of the art surgical facilities and a beautiful patient experience from your first visit to your last check up to celebrate results.
- Dr. Gartner will spend time with you to hear your concerns and answer questions.
- He’ll listen to you and ensure that you don’t feel rushed. Feel free to bring a list of questions and bring a friend too!
- Your consultation should be relaxing, pressure-free and a great way to gather detailed, personalized information you need to make a decision.
Schedule A Consultation
We work with reputable financing companies to help make cosmetic surgical payments more convenient. Just ask about medical financing when you arrive for your consultation. We invite you to call and let us make your appointment today. We look forward to meeting you and helping your aesthetic goals become a reality..
NYC mommy makeover techniques which are unique to Dr. Gartner:
You may need only local anesthesia and oral sedation for some makeover treatments. General anesthesia is related to side effects like lasting grogginess, nausea or vomiting, but for less invasive treatments you may forgo these.
Dr. Gartner uses advanced techniques and surgical devices like Smartlipo. This laser-assisted liposuction device is designed to decrease bleeding and bruising while improving the rate of overlying skin retraction. This leaves skin looking more toned than through older liposuction methods.
Dr. Gartner has developed an advanced technique for reducing pain and the need for excessive medications. Called “Preemptive Anaesthesia,” it involves administering anesthesia before the procedure begins and preventing severe pain from developing at all. Patients have a much more comfortable, quick recovery, which is essential for busy moms and those who wish to avoid taking narcotic pain medication when possible.
All in one Surgery and Recovery
All the elements of a mommy makeover in NYC may be done in a single surgery. Your plastic surgeon will let you know how many different operations can safely be combined in your one session. Dr. Gartner’s patients appreciate having only one recovery period to plan for. Scheduling time off work and regular activities can be challenging. Those who need to arrange childcare especially prefer to do it for longer, one time.
The telltale train track marks left by some stitches or staples after surgery won’t be a problem for you. Dr. Gartner uses dissolvable sutures, which are hidden under the skin and do not need to be removed. Your body will naturally break down the material over time. Incisions heal in neat, fine lines and result in less visible scars. Dr. Gartner will share professional tips to help minimize the look of your scars after you’ve healed.
Dr. Gartner pays special attention to the creation of a natural, youthful-looking navel, which is more vertical oval than perfectly round or horizontal.
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*