Body Lift Options
Butt Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Body Lift Options
Fat Removal Options
Surgical Cellulite Removal Procedure
What a body lift can do for you
At Gartner Plastic Surgery Center, we know that weight loss is hard work. When you have put your discipline and perseverance to the test, followed a healthy diet carefully and exercised relentlessly, seeing the weight come off and watching your measurements shrink is incredibly satisfying. You’ve earned the right to feel good and look good. Often massive weight loss can have conflicting results, however. Losing large amounts of fat from your body rapidly can result in a large amount of loose skin which hides your new, leaner shape. You may also see pockets of unwanted fat which no amount of diet or exercise was able to remove, despite your efforts.
There are types of fat and tissue which do not respond well to natural weight loss methods. Remaining issues like loose, excess skin can be extremely frustrating and uncomfortable. Sometimes, hanging skin can cause discomfort and affect your movement or ability to exercise. Please know that you are not alone. These are common problems and though there is no quick, easy solution-you do have options and cosmetic surgery in the skilled, experienced hands of a board certified Plastic Surgeon is able to accomplish dramatic, transformative changes for your body.
You Can Expect
- One or more body lifting procedure can remove the loose skin resulting from rapid massive weight loss, such as following gastric bypass surgery.
- Eliminate the unwanted fat which contributes to bulges and rolls.
- Your Body Lift may involve surgery to remove/excise excess tissues, or a non surgical option to remodel your skin and make it tighter.
- The ability to return to work right after a nonsurgical treatment.
- A swift recovery because of the innovative surgical techniques that Dr. Gartner uses so you can get back to work in a week or two if you’ve had a body surgery.
- No more irritation and discomfort caused by sagging skin.
- The freedom and joy of showing off your weight loss and firmer body contour.
- Further weight loss with significant skin removal- skin weighs a lot!
Through surgical body lift procedures with your Plastic Surgery expert, Dr. Gartner, you can restore your new body to a slimmer, shapelier contour.
What makes your body lift at Gartner Plastic Surgery unique
- You’ll talk with Dr. Gartner at length during your consultation. when you express your aesthetic goals and concerns, share your medical history and current situation, Dr. Gartner can then determine the best treatment plan for you based on his experience of helping many, many patients achieve a highly satisfying improvement after massive weight loss. Using his experience and extensive general surgery and plastic surgery training, he is uniquely positioned to provide you with the safest and most comprehensive treatments to achieve your goals. Planning your post-weight loss procedures with an expert in the field is key.
- If you have a lot of excess skin and fat in the arms, breasts, midsection, back and thighs, then traditional body lift surgery may be the best option to restore your shape. This involves making incisions in the areas of concern and removing excess skin and fat by excision. Body lift surgery can achieve a more dramatic improvement which you’ll appreciate immediately after surgery (however optimal results will appear after swelling and bruising subside). Considerable incisions mean concern for scarring, however, Dr. Gartner will talk with you about planning for scar care and protection to minimize their appearance as much as possible. Over time, scars typically fade to be extremely faint and not obvious in light of the dramatic changes in skin and body shape.
- Small pockets of fat and minor sagging skin can often be effectively addressed with laser assisted liposuction, or SmartLipo performed under general or local anesthesia. Liposuction can be performed at the same time as traditional body lift surgery as well for additional improvements.
Are You A Candidate For Body Lift?
Depending upon your needs, your body lift may entail either minimally invasive or surgical approaches.
Are you a candidate?
If you have lost over 50 lbs and have been able to maintain your weight loss for a few months, but are unhappy with sagging skin that won’t go away, then a body lift may be suitable for you. You should be in stable, good health and understand that if surgery is involved, scarring will result.
Please note that additional weight loss or pregnancy after your treatment may negate your results, making another procedure necessary. This is part of the reason why we recommend patients achieve a healthy BMI, lose their intended weight and maintain a stable, target weight for at least a few months before planning surgery.
You’ll have a private, one-on-one discussion with Dr. Gartner regarding your aesthetic goals. He will examine you, discuss your concerns and review your medical history to determine which type of body lift would be most suitable for you. You will be welcomed to ask questions. Your body lift treatment may involve surgery to remove excess skin and fat. It may also involve non-surgical treatments if surgery is deemed too invasive.
Your consultation is an opportunity for you to find out everything you’d like to know about your treatment. Dr. Gartner spends an extended amount of time with you during a body lift consultation because there are many considerations to discuss, options are as varied and unique as our patients, and because he doesn’t want you to feel rushed in making your decision.
Your Surgery Explained
Your surgery will be performed at our state-of-the-art surgical facility. Our facility is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). AAAASF medicare certification is considered the gold standard in accreditation and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory center can obtain in the country.
Your treatment may involve
Every body lift is highly customized. This is because each patient is unique, and weight gain/loss is not the same for everyone. Each person will have different quality of skin and skin elasticity as well, contributing to differences in appearance after weight loss. For this reason, your body lift may or may not include the following:
- Skin removal with excision to tighten sagging skin
- Liposuction to eliminate excess fat deposits
- Abdominal muscle tightening (to correct muscle separation)
- Non-surgical skin tightening
- Non-surgical cellulite treatment
Congratulations, within a few months you’ll be able to see the results of your body lift surgery! All you have to do is to follow the post-surgery care instructions provided to you by Dr. Gartner and wait for your breasts to settle.
Your recovery depends on the extent of your treatment. You will receive a list of post-treatment care instructions which you should follow carefully to help ensure that your body recovers efficiently. You can expect a longer recovery period if surgery in one or more areas was involved. However, if non-surgical methods were performed, then you may be able to get back to daily activities immediately after your treatment.
You are encouraged to move around leisurely after your treatment to help with your recovery and minimize the risk of blood clots. Gentle walking/strolling is encouraged. Dr. Gartner will advise you to avoid strenuous workouts however for a set amount of time.
If surgery has been performed, you should expect swelling, bruising and discomfort. Typically this will reach its maximum within a few days of surgery then gradually subside. Because of the highly specialized pre-emptive anesthesia techniques Dr. Gartner uses, patients experience less pain post op and the least amount of inflammation possible. Pain medication to help manage discomfort will be prescribed. You can expect to feel that the majority of discomfort or bruising is resolved by 2-3 weeks after your procedure. Sensitivity and soreness in areas treated with liposuction can persist along with residual swelling but these are all temporary and tend to disappear gradually over a period of a few months. Redness is common after non-surgical skin tightening. This will fade in a few hours.
The scientific study, Effect of weight loss after bariatric surgery on the skin and the extracellular matrix, found that the skin quality of patients who experienced massive weight loss following bariatric surgery was poor, due to unhealthy collagen structure, low elastin levels, and stretch mark formation.
After swelling and bruising have subsided, you’ll finally be able to enjoy the aesthetic benefits of your massive weight loss without being hidden by sagging skin. You’ll join the ranks of our many other happy patients for whom the body lift surgery achieved quite a dramatic improvement in body contour. You will finally be able to move freely- step up your exercise routine and shop for some new, figure-flattering clothes!
Considerations and risks
Those related to surgery:
- Wound dehiscence
- Irregular scarring
Those related to non-surgical treatments:
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*