In NYC, liposuction is also referred to as liposculpture or lipoplasty. It’s a surgical method of removing unwanted fat from body areas where it collects and forms stubborn pockets. If you have problem areas that don’t respond to exercise or dieting, liposuction may be the best way for you to get the body contours you want.
Dr. Michael Gartner is renowned for his body sculpting expertise. Many of his male and female patients find that no matter how much they work out to stay fit, a “spare tire” or pockets of flab persist. If you’re interested in this minimally invasive body slimming procedure, it’s essential to learn what it can and can’t achieve. It’s not an effective solution for weight loss, and it can’t tighten skin. Take a closer look at Liposuction in NYC and schedule your consultation with Dr. Gartner for expert advice.
What can NYC Liposuction surgery do for you?
- It can suck away the fat in several areas of the body, including your breasts, abdomen, love handles, back and legs.
- The subcutaneous fat that forms a layer under the skin is accessible with cannulas.
- It’s important to note that your plastic surgeon will not be able to access deep tissue within the abdominal wall, such as visceral fat surrounding organs.
- That type of excess weight must be reduced through conventional diet and exercise.
- Liposuction can offer a less invasive alternative to plastic surgery without leaving extensive scars.
- Used as a “spot treatment” surgeons sculpt body contours with careful fat removal to flatten bulges, reduce gynecomastia (male breasts) slim thighs, double chins and more.
- Because each person’s aesthetic goals are diverse, and this treatment can be done all over the body, the planning and pricing vary.
- Delicate facial lipo assists with slimming the profile, and for small treatment areas, local anesthetic rather than general is often appropriate.
If you find that you have the overall bodyweight you want, but irregular shape or rolls, this popular procedure can refine your figure so that clothes fit ideally, and you feel confident about your silhouette again.
What makes liposuction in NYC with Dr. Gartner a cut above?
As body shaping procedures are a specialty of Dr. Gartner’s, he’s developed innovative methods to improve not only patient comfort, but the excellent results achieved as well.
Pre-emptive anesthesia makes you less sensitive to surgical trauma and resulting inflammation or discomfort. Dr. Gartner’s patients have a far more comfortable recovery period and often require much less pain medication as well. Liposuction patients can bounce back from most procedures within a few days, and they don’t need to miss out on work or their favorite activities for a prolonged period.
Variety Of Techniques
Dr. Gartner has over a decade of body sculpting experience, and he utilizes a variety of techniques. For example, laser-assisted liposuction is useful for areas affected by mild to moderate skin laxity because it helps improve the rate of skin retraction after the procedure. Also, patients experience far less blood loss with laser assisted lipo than compared with traditional techniques.
You can have your surgery under local anesthetic with sedation. General anesthesia is appropriate for the more invasive and lengthy cosmetic surgeries; however, liposuction in NYC can often be done with strong numbing medication injected to the tissue area, and a sedative to make you drowsy. Patients don’t feel any pain during surgery, but they are awake. This way, they can avoid some of the more unpleasant side effects and risks related to GA.
Dr. Gartner is highly adept in the use of fat grafting to augment and reshape the buttocks. A Brazilian Butt Lift designed to add volume and accentuate an hourglass shape may combine beautifully with your slimming procedure. Ask Dr. Gartner if your unwanted fat can be used to enhance another area of your body!
You’ll receive detailed preparation guidelines from Dr. Gartner, and you may be advised of the following:
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before your OR date. You’ll need to avoid alcohol in the week prior as well.
- Certain medications and supplements can lead to bleeding. These include Aspirin and Ibuprofen, along with garlic, St. John’s Wort, Ginkgo Biloba, Vitamin E, and more. Let your surgeon know about anything you take, and they’ll advise you about which need to be stopped temporarily.
- Dr. Gartner often recommends homeopathic Arnica tablets to be taken before and after liposuction in NYC.
- You’ll need to arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure and to stay with you if you’ve had a general anesthetic.
- You’ll be advised to avoid eating and drinking after midnight before your surgery. The day of the procedure, you’ll need to shower with antibacterial soap and don’t apply any lotions or perfume. You can wear makeup if the face is not the treatment area.
To make a recovery a little more comfortable, keep the following tips in mind:
Your one-on-one consultation is an essential part of your transformation. You’ll have a discussion with Dr. Gartner to learn more, share your goals and questions. During the consultation, you’ll discuss:
- Arrange for child and pet care.
- Clean your house and do all the laundry, so there are no messes to frustrate you while you need to rest.
- Ready a supply of loose-fitting, comfy clothes to lounge in.
- Run errands in the week before to stock up on all food and household items you’ll need for a week.
- Have extra towels, pillows, tissues, blankets, magazines, movies and books on hand.
- You should fill your post-operative prescription from Dr. Gartner, so you have the antibiotics and pain relievers handy when needed.
- Prepare extra meals ahead of time so you won’t have too much work to do once you get home.
Fully Equipped Private Surgical Center
Your liposuction will be performed at our beautiful, state-of-the-art facility. The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) has credited us with the highest possible certification an ambulatory center can obtain in the U.S.
How is liposuction done?
- Dr. Gartner administers pre-emptive anesthesia just before surgery. Local anesthetic with oral sedation or general anesthesia is administered.
- One or more tiny incisions measuring just a few millimeters will be made in the target areas. These can usually be well hidden in natural creases or below underwear lines.
- A special infiltration fluid which aids the process and limits bleeding may be added to the area.
- A blunt-tipped cannula will then be inserted through the incision to suction out the unwanted fat, using a back and forth motion.
- Once the desired amount of fat has been removed, incisions will be stitched shut and covered with protective tape. Patients can recover comfortably with a nurse at their side.
What to expect during recovery
Your liposuction recovery experience should be straightforward and relatively quick, but bruising and swelling are expected for a few weeks.
- You might be advised to wear a stretchy compression garment designed to control swelling and assist the skin in retracting. It will also help prevent a collection of fluid or blood under the skin.
- You’ll be asked to avoid strenuous activity, including aerobic exercise for a few weeks to minimize swelling and the risk for bleeding.
- Most patients can return to light work within one week of their procedure, or sooner if they’ve had a small area treated.
- You’ll appear larger than you want at first because the body’s tissues hold on to fluid while healing. Don’t worry. The true results will gradually appear, and your shape will be revealed over a span of several weeks.
Could liposuction help you reveal the shape you want?
This treatment delivers satisfying results for men and women with diverse aesthetic goals. It’s not an ideal procedure for everyone, and you’ll need a personalized consultation to learn if it’s right for you.
Schedule Your Liposuction Consultation
The Gartner Plastic Surgery Center is one of the top 10 plastic surgery clinics in New York. With locations in New Jersey and Manhattan for your convenience, you can schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Gartner and start the conversation about your new look.
Dr. Gartner is a double board-certified plastic surgeon and general surgeon. Your consultation is designed to provide the vital information you need to understand the procedure and make an informed choice. We welcome you to bring a list of questions, bring a friend and enjoy the process.
Risks Associated With Liposuction
Dr. Gartner will examine you then explain the possible treatments that could help you achieve your goals. Any appropriate alternatives, along with the risks, pros and cons, will be described to you. It’s possible that you will have contour irregularities such as depressions and wrinkling of the skin. Other risks associated with liposuction include Infection, necrosis, embolism, numbness, burns. All the above are rare and experienced plastic surgeons can reduce the related risks considerably through careful protocols and technique.
You’ll be provided with a customized plan and a detailed surgical quote. We’ll be pleased to introduce you to reputable medical financing companies if you wish to offset the expense of liposuction surgery with small, monthly payments. Just mention financing when you come to your appointment. Contact Dr. Gartner today and take the next step toward a body shape you’ll love.
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*