Mole & Lipoma
What a brow Lift can do for you
Many people find that as they age, the brow and upper eyelids sustain noticeable changes. Deeper lines and furrows can begin to form as early as the 30’s. Upper eyelids begin to disappear under hooding or overhanging skin. Our brow lift patients have mentioned that the sagging skin in their forehead area not only makes them look tired and angry but makes them feel tired and angry as well. How does your heavy, drooping forehead and brow make you feel? If you see and feel the effects of aging in your upper face, you may be happy to know there is something you can do about it. Rejuvenating the look of your brow area does not necessarily require a full face lift. If you are a little too young to consider a full face lift or your problem area is limited to the brow/eyes, you may find that this targeted, customized procedure was made for you.
You Can Expect
- *Reduce the sagging skin of your forehead which exerts downward pressure on your eyebrows and eyelids.*
- A brow lift can redefine your forehead contour.
- It can rejuvenate the eyebrow itself-reclaiming its youthful arch.
- “Open up” the eyes- making them appear wider and brighter.
- A brow lift can make you appear less angry.
- *Reduce the signs of aging to take years off of your appearance.*
- The ability to return to work in about a week.
- The ability to see the results of your treatment within a couple of weeks.
- A dramatic but natural-looking improvement of your forehead and eye area. You’ll look as if you’re refreshed from a relaxing vacation.
- *Minimal visible scarring.*
Our patients have mentioned that the sagging skin in their forehead area not only makes them look tired but makes them feel tired, too.
Here is what makes your brow lift or forehead lift at Gartner Plastic Surgery And Laser Center unique
- During your consultation, Dr. Gartner will assess your forehead and brow thoroughly before designing a customized treatment plan that will safely achieve your aesthetic goals. A brow lift and/or nonsurgical treatment, such as BOTOX®, may be suggested to help meet your needs.
- The lateral brow lift technique is superior to other brow lift procedures relative to reshaping the eyebrows to restore their youthful arch.
- It is far less invasive than a traditional brow lift and is associated with less bruising and swelling. That means you’ll have a faster recovery and enjoy seeing your results sooner.
- You won’t have a permanently surprised look after your surgery because only the outer portion of your brows will be gently lifted.
- Dr. Gartner performs a lateral brow lift, a leading edge technique which is specifically designed to restore the contour of your temples and your brows. There are several benefits to this technique, the most important of which are the following:
- Your incisions will be placed discreetly along your hairline so that the resulting scars remain well hidden. Dr. Gartner takes great care to minimize the appearance of scarring and has perfected techniques as well as post-operative treatment to ensure that scars are virtually invisible.
Are You A Candidate For Brow Lift?
When you improve your appearance and feel positive about what you see in the mirror each day, we believe that can affect your mood positively – every day.
Are you a good candidate for a brow lift?
A browlift is a rejuvenating facial procedure, suitable for men and women who dislike the appearance of their sagging brow and forehead. You may look tired, angry or sad all the time and lack the vibrant appearance of your youth. You may be considering an upper eyelid lift or blepharoplasty- and learn that a browlift will truly solve your problem. Most brow lift patients tend to be in their 40s or over.
During your initial consultation at Gartner Plastic Surgery, you’ll speak with Dr. Gartner and discuss the possibilities of this procedure. He’ll invite you to share your goals and questions. It’s important that you be honest and frank about your concerns and expectations—this allows Dr. Gartner to have a good understanding of what you’d like to improve and what you expect to achieve.
The following are some considerations which will be discussed during your consultation:
- The brow lift procedure and what it entails will be outlined and together, you and Dr. Gartner will discuss whether this is an ideal treatment option for you.
- Alternative or additional treatments which can help you achieve your expectations will also be shared.
- The concerns and potential risks associated with your treatment will be discussed in detail.
- The proposed recovery time will be outlined for you in order to assist you with planning.
- Dr. Gartner, his specialization, and credentials as your double board certified plastic surgeon will be outlined for you.
- Our fully accredited surgical facility.
- Our inclusive fees and financing options.
Your Surgery Explained
Your surgery will be performed at our state-of-the-art surgical facility. Our facility is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). AAAASF medicare certification is considered the gold standard in accreditation and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory center can obtain in the country.
During your Procedure
- Anesthesia is administered.
- An incision is made at the hairline, near the outer part of your brows.
- Through the incision, the outer eyebrows are lifted to improve their youthful shape. They are secured by sutures placed underneath the skin.
- Excess skin and tissue are removed.
- Once the lift is complete, the incisions are closed.
Congratulations, within a few months you’ll be able to see the results of your brow lift surgery! All you have to do is to follow the post-surgery care instructions provided to you by Dr. Gartner and wait for your breasts to settle.
Instructions regarding how to recover well after your procedure will be given to you. Dr. Gartner has designed these instructions to help you speed up your recovery, so you can enjoy your results sooner.
Some post-op guidelines include avoidance of exercise for 3 weeks post op. Any strenuous activity which increases blood pressure, such as jogging, bending over for extended periods of time, housework, sexual activity, etc.) should be avoided for about three weeks following the procedure in order to reduce your risk of swelling and bruising.
It is advised that you protect your head from sun exposure by wearing a hat and/or quality sunblock for the first year or so after your surgery, while scars are maturing. This for prevention of permanent scar darkening,
How you'll appear while you recover
Your forehead and other facial areas may appear slightly swollen and bruised during the first couple of weeks post-procedure.
When may you return to work?
You can resume light work in about one week after your surgery. If your occupation requires strenuous, physical activity you’ll need to ask Dr. Gartner when you return to a full workload.
When may you return to the gym?
You can get back to the gym in about three to four weeks post-procedure. Don’t jump right back into your regular exercise routine, as it may compromise your recovery. Please build up to your pre-surgery intensity gradually, over a period of a couple months.
You’ll enjoy a smoother forehead contour and an enhanced brow arch which will compliment your younger, fresher look. You’ll no longer appear tired, angry or sad. People will ask if you’ve gone on vacation because you appear rested and happy.
Considerations and risks associated with brow lift surgery
As with any surgical procedure, a brow lift has its own set carries risks inherent to surgery. The following are considered rare:
- Blurred vision
- Hair loss, particularly at the incision lines
- Skin loss
- Seroma or hematoma
- Nerve damage
- Under or over-correction
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*