A Step-by-Step Guide To Your Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a surgical procedure in which excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin are removed in order to achieve a more proportionate breast size and alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
Breast reduction surgery is becoming an increasingly popular choice and is one of the specialities at Dr. Gartner’s Plastic Surgery and Laser Center. The surgery is performed both in the Manhattan office as well as both of the New Jersey locations.
For those considering Breast reduction surgery in New York, it is important to understand what the practice you choose, and surgical plan will offer you.
To begin the procedure, pre-emptive anaesthesia is administered. This works to prevent hypersensitivity to the discomfort and pain following the surgery, thereby allowing an easier recovery period.
Following anaesthesia, the incision through which the excess fat, glandular tissue and skin will be removed, is made. Depending on individual conditions, the incision may differ.
In some cases it may be in a circular pattern around the areola, a keyhole incision around the areola and vertically down to the breast create, or an inverted T pattern. The incisions lines that remain are generally visible and permanent scars, although tend to be well concealed beneath a swimsuit or bra.
After the incision is made, the nipple is repositioned and if required. The areola is reduced by removing skin at the perimeter, and the underlying breast tissue is then reduced, lifted and shaped.
In rare cases, usually those involving extremely large pendulous breasts, the nipple and areola may need to be removed and transplanted to a higher position on the breast. This is known as a nipple graft and is usually performed free as part of the same procedure.
Now that the excess tissue has been removed, the incisions are brought together to reshape the now smaller breast.
At Dr. Gartner’s practice, dissolvable sutures are used so patients do not have to come back to get them removed as they dissolve naturally in the months following surgery, leaving the incisions sealed.
Once the sutures are complete, the results of the surgery are immediately visible. Over the weeks following surgery, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade
Dr. Gartner is a sought-after plastic surgeon in New York and specializes in breast reduction surgery. At his state of the art surgical facility, breast reduction is one of the most rewarding cosmetic procedures performed. The resulting reduction in breast size allows patients enjoy a more balanced and youthful body contour. The alleviation the pain or discomfort associated with large and heavy breasts allows patients to enjoy an improvement in both physical and emotional health.
As one of the few plastic surgeons in the country who have Double Board Certification, Dr. Gartner is renowned as an innovator in the field of aesthetic plastic surgery. Since he has been able to refine his surgical techniques to provide a less invasive approach, patients do not have to deal with lengthy, uncomfortable recovery periods and downtime associate with traditional breast reduction procedures.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Additional Article About Breast Reduction
- Here’s How You Can Have Minimal Scarring After Breast Reduction In New Jersey
- New Jersey Breast Reduction Surgery - How Should You Choose Your Size?
- Are You The Right Age For A Breast Reduction?
- 6 Important Ways Your Life Can Change After A Breast Reduction In New Jersey
- A Step-by-Step Guide To Your Breast Reduction Surgery
- Are You A Good Candidate For Breast Reduction?
- How To Properly Prepare For Your Breast Reduction Surgery?
- Post-Op Care After Your Breast Reduction Procedure
- Demand For Male Breast Reduction Surgeries Is On The Rise
- What Is The Right Age For Having Breast Reduction Surgery?
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Having Breast Reduction Surgery?
- What Are The Different Types Of Breast Reduction?
- Having A Breast Reduction Surgery Can Have Potential Health Benefits
- What To Expect After Your Breast Reduction Surgery?