Breast Augmentation NYC
Dr. Michael Gartner is renowned for high-quality breast augmentation in NYC and New Jersey. His dedication to advanced body sculpting techniques and a-traumatic methods increase patient satisfaction while decreasing discomfort and recovery times. As a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Gartner is trained to the highest level in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. He offers clients a beautiful Manhattan clinic location and two locations in New Jersey, where he performs hundreds of breast augmentations yearly.
Planning Your Breast Augmentation
- This can be one of the most exciting yet challenging aspects of planning your breast augmentation in NYC.
- Don’t worry, Dr. Gartner will thoroughly explain the various types and their benefits as you meet for your first consultation.
- You can choose Mentor, Allergan or Sientra.
- Dr. Gartner prefers to use Mentor because they’re made in the USA and monitored closely by the FDA.
Choosing your breast implants
NYC breast augmentation with Saline or Silicone
These can be placed through any incision and are positioned either above or below the chest muscle. Their shell is created from silicone. These are filled to the desired size once placed inside their breast position. The incisions used to insert the implant tend to be smaller than those required for silicone gel. Because of this difference, only saline implants are inserted through the trans umbilical route ( navel) and typically the trans-axillary (armpit) route as well.
Saline implants tend to be priced lower than silicone, yet they can be more prone to visible rippling and rupture. In the rare event of a breach, saline fluid is harmlessly absorbed into the body and the implant will need to be replaced.
Silicone Breast Implants
After extensive research, the new generation of silicone cohesive gel implant was created and approved for public use November 2006. Today’s silicone gel implants are constructed with a form of a cohesive gel, which is gummy, soft and palpable. Unlike the liquid silicone, it won’t run or flow if the shell is breached. Cohesive silicone gel implants are available in round or shaped implants, smooth or textured, and an expansive variety of volumes.
Cohesive gel implants tend to provide a more natural feel than saline, and they move like real, natural breasts. The risk of visible rippling is lower than that of saline as well. Because these implants come pre-filled, the size of implant chosen, and a patient’s anatomy can present limitations for insertion. For instance, using the peri-areolar approach is not advisable if the areolae are too small or the implant is too large.
In the rare event of a shell rupture, the silicone gel contents are expected to stay in position. This is a benefit to safety, yet it can make any changes to the implant difficult to detect. An MRI might be required to confirm a suspected rupture.
Though it’s one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries across the globe, it’s not suitable for everyone. Here are a few things to consider if you’re wondering whether breast enhancement surgery is right for you:
- Are you generally healthy?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding? Breast augmentation in NYC is postponed until at least 6 months after stopping breastfeeding in most cases. Hormonal and tissue changes continue throughout that time.
- Are you making the choice to have breast implants because you want to, or under the influence of someone else?
- Do you understand the potential risks? During your consultation, Dr. Gartner will explain complications and potential issues that every NYC breast augmentation client should be aware of.
- Are you at least 18 if considering saline implants, and at least 22 if considering silicone gel breast implants?
- Do you have a normal body weight? Being either underweight or overweight can increase surgical risks or rate of complications. As well, gaining or losing significant body fat after your procedure may affect how your breast look.
- Do you understand your vital role in following pre and post-operative instructions?
- Would you like to improve the size or shape of your breasts?
Schedule your consultation with Dr. Gartner
Dr. Gartner has the distinction of being a Double Board-Certified plastic surgeon, and general surgeon.
- During your private consultation with him, he’ll listen to your aesthetic concerns and dreams for breast augmentation.
- He’ll examine you, and make recommendations based on your existing anatomy, plus your unique goals.
- He’ll provide you with suitable options and he may recommend additional or different procedures depending on his expert assessment. (For example, a breast lift can be done with implants to elevate and reshape the tissue.)
- Dr. Gartner takes patient education and safety seriously, so he’ll explain the entire procedure and expected outcome, plus the potential risks and considerations.
- We want all patients to make an informed choice, so we never rush you through the consultation appointment.
- Patients are welcome to bring a list of questions, “wish pics” and even a friend. Relax, ask anything you wish, and enjoy the process.
No matter where you are on your personal breast implant journey; research, surgeon interviews or preparing for the big day, our kind, experienced staff will take great care of you and walk you through the process. Find out everything you need to take next steps. Call, write or come see us today.
Breast augmentation in NYC- the highest standards and discretion
Your breast enhancement surgery will take place at our state-of-the-art surgical facility, which is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). This prestigious certification is considered to be the gold standard and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory hospital can obtain.
The unique benefits of pre-emptive anesthesia
The use of strong, narcotic medications after an elective surgery is a deterrent for many people who wish to take the least amount of medication possible. Dr. Gartner has developed an advanced anesthesia technique which can make NYC breast augmentation less traumatic and allow a much more comfortable, rapid recovery.
- Through administration of medication before the surgery begins, sensitivity is reduced.
- Both short- and long-term discomfort after the procedure can be minimized, rather than waiting for pain to be medicated once it’s already intense.
- Pre-emptive analgesic can be more effective to prevent pain after surgery according to the study; “Pre-emptive analgesia II: recent advances and current trends.”
- Patients require less medication overall which is healthier and safer.
- Dr. Gartner’s methods for ensuring comfortable, rapid recovery make him highly sought after for breast augmentation in NYC. Call today for your consultation and learn more.
Breast implant profiles cause the breast volume to project forward from the chest wall to varying degrees.
- Increasing projection adds volume to the implant in height.
- A person can choose the implants which fit their breast and have a low or moderate projection, and they can choose implants with the same diameter but a fuller, rounder look.
- The weight and volume of these different projections will vary.
- Patients who prefer a subtle, natural look and want minimal upper breast fullness are likely to choose the moderate or lower projection options.
- Dr. Gartner will show you the devices and help you select the ones that match your goals and your body proportions.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Those who value their privacy, and work with busy schedules will find our dedicated staff to be caring and resourceful. We welcome out of town guests and will assist you to arrange accommodations, transportation, and more. Just let us know what you need.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Both physically and psychologically, patients should be in good health with no auto immune, bleeding or other disorders. Active infections and certain prescription medications can also preclude elective surgery. Any cosmetic procedure and subsequent physical change can be temporarily stressful, and you’ll need excellent emotional health, realistic expectations and a strong support system to help you while recovering.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Patients in New York choose breast augmentation with implants for more reasons than you may expect. They can round out the breast, fill the cleavage, improve symmetry between breasts of different sizes, lend a renewed perkiness and help patients fill out their clothing better—all without dramatically changing the size. There are full, voluptuous options, and subtle, highly natural ones. Your reasons for choosing enhancement will be all your own.
Breast Augmentation Results
The results of plastic surgery are permanent and very personal. Dr. Gartner strives to spend considerable time with each patient, listening to their personal goals and concerns. The choice to make a change is entirely up to you and shouldn’t be done under pressure of any kind.
The results after breast augmentation surgery are often impressive and very satisfying, but optimal outcomes rely on patients following guidelines carefully. Examples include knowing when you can and cannot exercise, refraining from smoking and drinking alcohol as advised, and avoiding any unapproved supplements or medications.
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*