Breast Augmentation NYC
Dr. Michael Gartner is renowned for high-quality breast augmentation in NYC and New Jersey. His dedication to advanced body sculpting techniques and a-traumatic methods increase patient satisfaction while decreasing discomfort and recovery times. As a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Gartner is trained to the highest level in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. He offers clients a beautiful Manhattan clinic location and two locations in New Jersey, where he performs hundreds of breast augmentations yearly.
Planning Your Breast Augmentation
- This can be one of the most exciting yet challenging aspects of planning your breast augmentation in NYC.
- Don’t worry, Dr. Gartner will thoroughly explain the various types and their benefits as you meet for your first consultation.
- You can choose Mentor, Allergan or Sientra.
- Dr. Gartner prefers to use Mentor because they’re made in the USA and monitored closely by the FDA.
YOUR GUIDE TO BREAST AUGMENTATION NYC
Breast augmentation in NYC appeals to a wide variety of people. After all, this popular cosmetic surgery can achieve so much. But, is breast enhancement surgery the best choice for you? Here’s a closer look at factors that qualify or disqualify a person for breast implants.
Good candidates for any cosmetic surgery are generally healthy. Factors such as chronic disease, bleeding disorders, infection or immunity issues can compromise healing. Your plastic surgeon will ask you health and lifestyle questions to ensure your safety.
Your plastic surgeon will advise you to wait for breast augmentation in NYC if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant soon. The incision route you choose will be a factor for breastfeeding in the future. The natural expansion of glandular tissue during pregnancy means your breast implant results may be altered if you become pregnant in the future.
Do you need a breast lift?
Many patients learn that they’ll benefit from a mastopexy plus breast implants when they visit an NYC breast augmentation surgeon. Augmentation mastopexy achieves a lifted, perkier breast shape along with volume enhancement.
Is your cosmetic surgery entirely your choice?
People who choose to alter their body independently, for their own satisfaction, are generally happier with the outcomes. No one should decide to undergo a physical alteration because of the advice or pressure of another person.
Do you understand procedure risks and limits?
Breast augmentation can achieve impressive, customized results. The surgery carries a very high patient satisfaction rate; however, there are limits and concerns to be aware of. You should feel free to ask questions about safety, potential complications, and how you and your surgeon will minimize them. Your results will depend somewhat on your existing anatomy, so the goal of improvement, not perfection, is most realistic.
Patients should be at least 18 to consider breast augmentation in NYC. The body is generally developed by that age and the breasts will have stopped growing. Saline implants may be selected for those under age 22, and silicone cohesive gel breast implants for women over 22.
Though there is no set weight or BMI required for breast augmentation, your plastic surgeon will want to ensure that your body weight is healthy before you undergo surgery. Additionally, if you plan to gain or lose significant body fat, you should know that the breasts will likely change size and shape. Because that can alter breast augmentation outcomes, you’ll be advised to achieve your ideal weight before surgery.
Choosing your breast implants
NYC breast augmentation with Saline or Silicone
These can be placed through any incision and are positioned either above or below the chest muscle. Their shell is created from silicone. These are filled to the desired size once placed inside their breast position. The incisions used to insert the implant tend to be smaller than those required for silicone gel. Because of this difference, only saline implants are inserted through the trans umbilical route ( navel) and typically the trans-axillary (armpit) route as well.
Saline implants tend to be priced lower than silicone, yet they can be more prone to visible rippling and rupture. In the rare event of a breach, saline fluid is harmlessly absorbed into the body and the implant will need to be replaced.
Silicone Breast Implants
After extensive research, the new generation of silicone cohesive gel implant was created and approved for public use November 2006. Today’s silicone gel implants are constructed with a form of a cohesive gel, which is gummy, soft and palpable. Unlike the liquid silicone, it won’t run or flow if the shell is breached. Cohesive silicone gel implants are available in round or shaped implants, smooth or textured, and an expansive variety of volumes.
Cohesive gel implants tend to provide a more natural feel than saline, and they move like real, natural breasts. The risk of visible rippling is lower than that of saline as well. Because these implants come pre-filled, the size of implant chosen, and a patient’s anatomy can present limitations for insertion. For instance, using the peri-areolar approach is not advisable if the areolae are too small or the implant is too large.
In the rare event of a shell rupture, the silicone gel contents are expected to stay in position. This is a benefit to safety, yet it can make any changes to the implant difficult to detect. An MRI might be required to confirm a suspected rupture.
Though it’s one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries across the globe, it’s not suitable for everyone. Here are a few things to consider if you’re wondering whether breast enhancement surgery is right for you:
- Are you generally healthy?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding? Breast augmentation in NYC is postponed until at least 6 months after stopping breastfeeding in most cases. Hormonal and tissue changes continue throughout that time.
- Are you making the choice to have breast implants because you want to, or under the influence of someone else?
- Do you understand the potential risks? During your consultation, Dr. Gartner will explain complications and potential issues that every NYC breast augmentation client should be aware of.
- Are you at least 18 if considering saline implants, and at least 22 if considering silicone gel breast implants?
- Do you have a normal body weight? Being either underweight or overweight can increase surgical risks or rate of complications. As well, gaining or losing significant body fat after your procedure may affect how your breast look.
- Do you understand your vital role in following pre and post-operative instructions?
- Would you like to improve the size or shape of your breasts?
Schedule your consultation with Dr. Gartner
Dr. Gartner has the distinction of being a Double Board-Certified plastic surgeon, and general surgeon.
- During your private consultation with him, he’ll listen to your aesthetic concerns and dreams for breast augmentation.
- He’ll examine you, and make recommendations based on your existing anatomy, plus your unique goals.
- He’ll provide you with suitable options and he may recommend additional or different procedures depending on his expert assessment. (For example, a breast lift can be done with implants to elevate and reshape the tissue.)
- Dr. Gartner takes patient education and safety seriously, so he’ll explain the entire procedure and expected outcome, plus the potential risks and considerations.
- We want all patients to make an informed choice, so we never rush you through the consultation appointment.
- Patients are welcome to bring a list of questions, “wish pics” and even a friend. Relax, ask anything you wish, and enjoy the process.
No matter where you are on your personal breast implant journey; research, surgeon interviews or preparing for the big day, our kind, experienced staff will take great care of you and walk you through the process. Find out everything you need to take next steps. Call, write or come see us today.
Breast augmentation in NYC- the highest standards and discretion
Your breast enhancement surgery will take place at our state-of-the-art surgical facility, which is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). This prestigious certification is considered to be the gold standard and one of the highest certifications any ambulatory hospital can obtain.
The unique benefits of pre-emptive anesthesia
The use of strong, narcotic medications after an elective surgery is a deterrent for many people who wish to take the least amount of medication possible. Dr. Gartner has developed an advanced anesthesia technique which can make NYC breast augmentation less traumatic and allow a much more comfortable, rapid recovery.
- Through administration of medication before the surgery begins, sensitivity is reduced.
- Both short- and long-term discomfort after the procedure can be minimized, rather than waiting for pain to be medicated once it’s already intense.
- Pre-emptive analgesic can be more effective to prevent pain after surgery according to the study; “Pre-emptive analgesia II: recent advances and current trends.”
- Patients require less medication overall which is healthier and safer.
- Dr. Gartner’s methods for ensuring comfortable, rapid recovery make him highly sought after for breast augmentation in NYC. Call today for your consultation and learn more.
Breast implant profiles cause the breast volume to project forward from the chest wall to varying degrees.
- Increasing projection adds volume to the implant in height.
- A person can choose the implants which fit their breast and have a low or moderate projection, and they can choose implants with the same diameter but a fuller, rounder look.
- The weight and volume of these different projections will vary.
- Patients who prefer a subtle, natural look and want minimal upper breast fullness are likely to choose the moderate or lower projection options.
- Dr. Gartner will show you the devices and help you select the ones that match your goals and your body proportions.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Those who value their privacy, and work with busy schedules will find our dedicated staff to be caring and resourceful. We welcome out of town guests and will assist you to arrange accommodations, transportation, and more. Just let us know what you need.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Both physically and psychologically, patients should be in good health with no auto immune, bleeding or other disorders. Active infections and certain prescription medications can also preclude elective surgery. Any cosmetic procedure and subsequent physical change can be temporarily stressful, and you’ll need excellent emotional health, realistic expectations and a strong support system to help you while recovering.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Patients in New York choose breast augmentation with implants for more reasons than you may expect. They can round out the breast, fill the cleavage, improve symmetry between breasts of different sizes, lend a renewed perkiness and help patients fill out their clothing better—all without dramatically changing the size. There are full, voluptuous options, and subtle, highly natural ones. Your reasons for choosing enhancement will be all your own.
Breast Augmentation Results
The results of plastic surgery are permanent and very personal. Dr. Gartner strives to spend considerable time with each patient, listening to their personal goals and concerns. The choice to make a change is entirely up to you and shouldn’t be done under pressure of any kind.
The results after breast augmentation surgery are often impressive and very satisfying, but optimal outcomes rely on patients following guidelines carefully. Examples include knowing when you can and cannot exercise, refraining from smoking and drinking alcohol as advised, and avoiding any unapproved supplements or medications.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Everyone’s skin elasticity and breast size affect their results after a breast augmentation. Each person also chooses different breast implant volumes. Depending on your skin, and the breast implants you prefer, you can expect some tightness until tissues slowly relax and expand after surgery. Many women experience a temporary loss of sensation following breast augmentation due to pressure and nerves affected by surgery. You can expect significant softening throughout the first two months following surgery and another 6-12 months before all sensation returns to normal.
Your plastic surgeon will advise you to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous workouts after a breast augmentation in NYC. Many people wonder what exact weight specifications apply to their own restrictions. Most patients are given a strict two-week timeframe to avoid all weight-bearing with their arms. 10 pounds is the limit, but the mechanics of lifting and using your chest and arm muscles matter too. Your plastic surgeon can help you develop modified techniques to safely manage your children and household tasks.
You can expect to be back to usual, light activities by one week and resume your normal life by 6 weeks. There are some helpful tips most people can use to speed up the process of recovery and have a more pleasant experience. One way to reduce swelling faster is keeping the head and shoulders elevated throughout the first 1 to 2 weeks. Minimize use of your arms as well to minimize discomfort and agitation of chest muscles. Patients should walk immediately after surgery, but activities that increase heart rate and blood pressure can prolong inflammation. Arm movements, such as reaching, pulling and pushing, should be avoided for 1-2 weeks. If you have small children, pets or a physically demanding job, the best way to heal smoothly will be to get lots of help so you can take it easy.
Many women decide to make body improvements they want later in life. Once children are grown and women are more financially independent, they may be in their 40s, 50s or older before planning a breast augmentation in NYC. Your suitability depends on your health, anatomy and expectations more so than age. Whatever stage of life you’re in, we welcome you to book a consultation and discuss your breast enhancement.
Pregnancy often changes the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. The tissue naturally expands and often shrinks following childbirth and breastfeeding. If you become pregnant after you undergo breast augmentation, you run the risk of altering aesthetic results. Depending on the incision route you chose, breastfeeding may still be possible with implants and won’t affect milk in any way, but let your plastic surgeon know if future pregnancies are in your plans.
No guarantees of any kind unless they are money-back guarantees. No claims of permanent results. No “Miracle cures” for medical ailments.*
Breast Augmentation NYC