Will A Breast Lift Procedure Involve Scarring?
Breast Augmentation Lift
At the Gartner Plastic Surgery and Laser Center, conveniently located in in Manhattan, and New jersey, we perform a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures focused on enhancing the breasts. We offer breast lift procedures, which are surgical procedures that aim to restore a firmer and perkier shape to sagging breasts. The breast lift procedure, also known as a Mastopexy, creates a more youthful body contour by removing excess, stretched-out skin, reshaping the tissue and raising the areola. Breast lifts are surgeries that require incisions and because of that, some scarring will occur during the body’s natural healing process. While there are ways to reduce the appearance of scars, some scarring is to be expected with any incision.
A breast lift cosmetic surgery can be done with a variety of incision techniques. Dependent on the breast tissue, the amount of excess skin that needs to be removed and the patient’s personal aesthetic goals, the exact incision technique will vary. At your initial consultation with Dr. Gartner, he will give recommendations on the type of breast lift procedure that is most suitable to achieve optimal results with the least possible amount of scarring.
As previously mentioned, the scarring is impacted by the type of incision used for the breast list, which will be determined by the shape and size of the breasts, the position of nipples and areoles, the elasticity of the skin, the amount of excess skin and the severity of sagging. The incision made can be
- A relatively minimal one around the areola and is non-conspicuous because it blends naturally with the surrounding skin
- A larger, horizontal incisions that are narrow and thin
- A relatively wide, vertical incision pattern. Due to the variety of incision techniques that can be done during the breast lift, the types of scars that form will also vary.
Patients with incisions around the areola will notice the formation a thin scar ring surrounding the areola. These are scars that are relatively minimal and blend well into the skin – becoming less noticeable over time. The relatively larger or wider incisions that are done vertically or horizontally will typically leave more visible scars.
Patients will see that immediately following the surgical procedure and during the initial months of recovery, the scars will appear to be very noticeable, red and lumpy, however, given more time and proper care, the scars will eventually fade into thin white lines that can blend naturally into the skin and are less pronounced. The degree of scar fading will depend on a number of factors, which include genetics, skin type, incision technique, would healing experience, post-operative care and overall patient health.
Although the scars are permanent, there are steps which patients can take during recovery to help them heal well. For instance, silicone sheeting or gel has been shown to reduce the appearance of scars. If you know that you scar poorly, you will want to apply a good scar gel or sheeting as soon as your incisions are healed. This can be done for 6 months or more. It is also advised to protect your scars from he sun as tanning can create pigmented scars. When considering the long-term results from a successful breast lift in New York, many women are able to overlook the scars for the enjoyment of firmer and more aesthetically pleasing breasts.
At the Gartner Plastic Surgery and Laser Center, we specialize in minimizing scarring associated with breast lift procedures to maximize patient satisfaction. Dr. Gartner is a double board certified plastic surgeon with extensive breast lift experience.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Additional Article About Breast Lift
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s What You Didn’t Know About The Emotional Factor
- Here Is The Information You Need To Know When Planning Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Do You Want To Appear Natural?
- Weighing The Pros & Cons - Smart Preparation For New Jersey Breast Augmentation Surgery
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Can Have Surprising Health Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Could This Be The Procedure You’ve Been Looking For?
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Provides Numerous Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s How You Can Take Steps To Ensure You Have The Best Recovery Experience
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Is Still The More Cost-Effective Option
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Cleavage With A New Jersey Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey - The Safest Way To Get Permanent Results
- Tips To Get Ready For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- How To Plan For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- The Best Ways To Prepare For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation Consultation
- The Most Common New Jersey Breast Augmentation Question
- 4 Myths About New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Having Breast Augmentation In New Jersey
- A Recovery Guide To Your Scarless Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Can Make Your Clothes Fit Better
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey: Not One Size Fits All
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation And The New, Mini Boob Job
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation With A Lift
- Your Guide To Recovering Properly After Your Breast Lift Surgery
- Here’s What You Should Know If You’re Considering Swimming After Your Breast Lift
- How To Find The Perfect Bra Post Your Breast Lift Surgery
- How Will Having A Baby Affect Your Breast Lift?
- How To Find A Reputable Surgeon For Your Breast Lift
- Will A Breast Lift Procedure Involve Scarring?