How Will Having A Baby Affect Your Breast Lift?
Breast Augmentation Lift
In New York, breast lift surgery is a popular cosmetic procedure that can surgically correct for sagging or drooping of the breasts. It involves the removal of excess skin and reshaping of tissues for firmer, perkier and more aesthetically-pleasing breasts.
Plastic surgeons usually advise women interested in getting a breast lift procedure to finish having children before proceeding with the cosmetic surgery. This ensures that the patient can enjoy the optimal, long-term results of a breast lift. Of course, life throws curveballs and it is understandable if some patients become pregnant after their procedure, either intentionally or accidentally. In such cases, the pregnancy will likely affect the breast lift results in some way, however, there is no definitive way to determine to what extent the pregnancy will affect the breasts because every woman’s body reacts differently to the physiological and hormonal changes associated with pregnancy. Unfortunately, there is little we can do to avoid these.
Although we cannot predict the types of changes that will occur, there are a few things that can be considered if you are thinking about pregnancy and breast lift surgery:
- Stretch marks, deflated breasts, asymmetry and sagging are often caused by physical changes induced by pregnancy. Previous pregnancies are often the reason that women get breast lifts in the first place. Therefore, if a patient has a baby after surgery, similar problems can be anticipated to reoccur. Unfortunately, the degree of breast change is unpredictable and varies between women.
- The ability to breastfeed can be impacted after a breast lift procedure. Many incisions for a breast lift procedure are done near and around the areola and nipples. Thus, depending on the extent of the surgery, the technique used and the healing of your body, breastfeeding can be negatively impacted.
- Maintaining a steady and healthy weight range during pregnancy can help minimize negative effects on the results of a breast lift surgery. It is important to work together with your obstetrician to ensure safety and adequate nutrition when following a dietary plan and exercise regimen. These two aspects are key to helping you maintain your breast lift results during pregnancy as fluctuations in weight can contribute to sagging.
- In the absence of implants, engaging in exercises that focus on the pectoral muscles can help keep your breasts firm. These types of exercises include bench presses, the pectoral fly exercise, push-ups and triceps dips.
- Another surgery in the future may be needed in order to reach the optimal results you desire from a breast lift procedure. The possible options can be discussed with your plastic surgeon after giving birth and allowing several months for tissue to normalize.
Considering a breast lift surgery before childbirth is a personal choice. You may have a number of questions and our team at the Gartner Plastic Surgery and Laser Center would be happy to address them for you. We want to make sure that you are well-informed, realistic about your expectations regarding your breast lift procedure and understand the effects of pregnancy on breast lift results, before making any final decisions.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Additional Article About Breast Lift
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s What You Didn’t Know About The Emotional Factor
- Here Is The Information You Need To Know When Planning Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Do You Want To Appear Natural?
- Weighing The Pros & Cons - Smart Preparation For New Jersey Breast Augmentation Surgery
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Can Have Surprising Health Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Could This Be The Procedure You’ve Been Looking For?
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Provides Numerous Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s How You Can Take Steps To Ensure You Have The Best Recovery Experience
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Is Still The More Cost-Effective Option
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Cleavage With A New Jersey Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey - The Safest Way To Get Permanent Results
- Tips To Get Ready For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- How To Plan For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- The Best Ways To Prepare For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation Consultation
- The Most Common New Jersey Breast Augmentation Question
- 4 Myths About New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Having Breast Augmentation In New Jersey
- A Recovery Guide To Your Scarless Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Can Make Your Clothes Fit Better
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey: Not One Size Fits All
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation And The New, Mini Boob Job
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation With A Lift
- Your Guide To Recovering Properly After Your Breast Lift Surgery
- Here’s What You Should Know If You’re Considering Swimming After Your Breast Lift
- How To Find The Perfect Bra Post Your Breast Lift Surgery
- How Will Having A Baby Affect Your Breast Lift?
- How To Find A Reputable Surgeon For Your Breast Lift
- Will A Breast Lift Procedure Involve Scarring?