New Jersey Breast Augmentation – Here’s How You Can Take Steps To Ensure You Have The Best Recovery Experience
Breast Augmentation Lift
Although breast augmentation is nowhere near as involved as, say, getting your appendix removed, it is still a surgical procedure. This means that you will need to go through a recovery stage before you can get back to your regular routine. Fortunately, there are a number of steps you can take following a breast augmentation in New Jersey to ensure your recovery experience is as fast, easy, and comfortable as possible.
Make Sure You Have Help
You will need the most assistance for the first two-to-three days following your breast augmentation. Not only are these the most sensitive periods of the recovery process but you will also be groggy and possible nauseous from anesthesia. Make sure you arrange ahead of time for someone to take you home after your augmentation and that any chores, work obligations, or childcare duties are delegated to someone else. You should be focused on resting in bed and need to avoid any physical activity.
Depending on what is going on in your life, the type of assistance you will need from day four and onwards will vary. Remember that you should not do any heavy lifting or strenuous activity until the six-week mark. This includes exercise routines and picking up small children. The other major consideration is driving. If your doctor prescribes narcotic medication for your recovery, remember that you cannot drive while taking the pills.
Get Appropriate Foods
Nausea is a common, and fortunately temporary, side-effect of anesthesia but you should plan ahead of time for what you will be eating during the first few days of your recovery. Maintaining proper nutrition is not only a good practice in general but a properly-fed body means a smoother recovery. Easy to digest items like applesauce, bananas, crackers, soup broth, crackers, and the like should all be picked up beforehand. Even if you really don’t feel like eating, you should still make sure to drink plenty of water or sports drinks so you can keep hydrated.
Resting in bed is easier said than done for some people, so it’s important to make sure your recovery area is properly prepared so you can relax and recharge after your breast augmentation in New Jersey. This means plenty of pillows to comfortably prop yourself up, some DVDs or Netflix, and a nice selection of magazines, books, or other light activities to pass the time.
Keep a box of crackers and a bottle or two of water nearby so you don’t have to get up if you feel munchy. It may feel awkward at first to be the one person in your household not doing anything but remember: it’s not lazy if it’s doctor’s orders.
Follow The Instructions
Your surgeon will likely give you specific aftercare instructions. These will include some of the above as well as possible things like needing to wear compression bandages or surgical bra. Following this guidance will minimize risk and ensure a speedy recovery.
Doctor Michael Gartner is a certified plastic surgeon with the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He provides breast augmentation in New Jersey and prides himself on refined surgical technique to maximize patient comfort and minimize the recovery period and makes sure every patient has the proper information and advice they need to take care of themselves and their new body.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Additional Article About Breast Lift
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s What You Didn’t Know About The Emotional Factor
- Here Is The Information You Need To Know When Planning Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Do You Want To Appear Natural?
- Weighing The Pros & Cons - Smart Preparation For New Jersey Breast Augmentation Surgery
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Can Have Surprising Health Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Could This Be The Procedure You’ve Been Looking For?
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Provides Numerous Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s How You Can Take Steps To Ensure You Have The Best Recovery Experience
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Is Still The More Cost-Effective Option
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Cleavage With A New Jersey Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey - The Safest Way To Get Permanent Results
- Tips To Get Ready For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- How To Plan For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- The Best Ways To Prepare For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation Consultation
- The Most Common New Jersey Breast Augmentation Question
- 4 Myths About New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Having Breast Augmentation In New Jersey
- A Recovery Guide To Your Scarless Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Can Make Your Clothes Fit Better
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey: Not One Size Fits All
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation And The New, Mini Boob Job
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation With A Lift
- Your Guide To Recovering Properly After Your Breast Lift Surgery
- Here’s What You Should Know If You’re Considering Swimming After Your Breast Lift
- How To Find The Perfect Bra Post Your Breast Lift Surgery
- How Will Having A Baby Affect Your Breast Lift?
- How To Find A Reputable Surgeon For Your Breast Lift
- Will A Breast Lift Procedure Involve Scarring?