Essential Dos & Don’ts After Your Breast Augmentation in New York
Breast Augmentation Lift
Breast augmentation in New York remains one of the most popular cosmetic procedures for women of all ages. Getting ready for your exciting figure enhancement can be a busy time with lots to remember. Here we’ll outline some of the most essential “do’s and don’ts” to help you avoid unnecessary concerns during your recovery and ensure beautiful results.
New York Breast Augmentation ‘Must Do’ List
At the Gartner Plastic Surgery Center, we provide all patients with thorough pre and post-operative instructions to keep them comfortable and healing smoothly. Additional instructions that can benefit any BA patient include below.
- Make sure you arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after your surgery. When you’ve awakened and feel ready to go, you’ll need assistance because you can’t drive yet.
- We also recommend you ask a friend or family member to stay with you and help out around the house for at least a few days. It’s wise to hire help with childcare, housework and pet care because you will have limitations on the use of your arms and chest muscles during recovery. Talk to your plastic surgeon about how long you may need to avoid regular activities.
- Arrange a comfortable recliner chair or elevate the head of your bed so that for the first week or two, you can sleep in a slightly raised position. This will help to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Do call your surgeon if you have any concerns that something is wrong, or if you’re not sure what you’re permitted to do. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. They’re committed to ensuring your optimal results and peace of mind.
Your instructions after breast augmentation in New York will include a few “don’t do” items as well, and even if you feel great, it’s essential that you follow these instructions carefully.
- Don’t lift or carry items over 10lbs until you’re given the all-clear. This may be 4-6 weeks.
- Don’t overexert yourself for the first 3 weeks. Aerobic activity which raises your heart rate and blood pressure can increase swelling and risk of bleeding. It’s hard for some people to skip the gym for 3 weeks but critical you do this.
- Don’t bath or immerse yourself in a hot tub or swimming pool. You’ll be permitted to shower normally within a day or two, but the incisions should be kept dry and clean as possible. Swimming and other methods of soaking increase infection risks.
- Don’t smoke. Some people have to stop smoking as part of their preparation for a healthy, safe breast augmentation. It’s a great time to stay quit and really enjoy looking and feeling your best. It’s ideal to avoid nicotine for at least the first 2 weeks post -op though because it constricts circulation which can delay your natural healing.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with further questions about breast enhancement or other cosmetic procedures. Schedule your consultation at Gartner Plastic Surgery for a private discussion about your best options for beautiful transformation.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Additional Article About Breast Lift
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s What You Didn’t Know About The Emotional Factor
- Here Is The Information You Need To Know When Planning Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Do You Want To Appear Natural?
- Weighing The Pros & Cons - Smart Preparation For New Jersey Breast Augmentation Surgery
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Can Have Surprising Health Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Could This Be The Procedure You’ve Been Looking For?
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Provides Numerous Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s How You Can Take Steps To Ensure You Have The Best Recovery Experience
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Is Still The More Cost-Effective Option
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Cleavage With A New Jersey Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey - The Safest Way To Get Permanent Results
- Tips To Get Ready For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- How To Plan For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- The Best Ways To Prepare For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation Consultation
- The Most Common New Jersey Breast Augmentation Question
- 4 Myths About New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Having Breast Augmentation In New Jersey
- A Recovery Guide To Your Scarless Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Can Make Your Clothes Fit Better
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey: Not One Size Fits All
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation And The New, Mini Boob Job
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation With A Lift
- Your Guide To Recovering Properly After Your Breast Lift Surgery
- Here’s What You Should Know If You’re Considering Swimming After Your Breast Lift
- How To Find The Perfect Bra Post Your Breast Lift Surgery
- How Will Having A Baby Affect Your Breast Lift?
- How To Find A Reputable Surgeon For Your Breast Lift
- Will A Breast Lift Procedure Involve Scarring?