A Recovery Guide To Your Scarless Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast Augmentation Lift
One of the most popular cosmetic procedures in New York, a breast augmentation is considered a major surgery and a number of different factors influence the recovery time required, including technique selected and the type of anesthetic used. While each patient is unique and has their own rate of healing and tolerance for pain, in most instances, the trans-axillary approach results in an easier recovery time as the muscles are lifted rather than cut.
In addition, Dr. Gartner’s innovative wide-awake technique utilizes a long-lasting local rather than general anesthesia, which greatly reduces the likelihood of negative symptoms such as nausea or grogginess. The following is a guide to the recovery period for your trans-axillary, scarless breast augmentation.
Don’t Be Afraid To Ask For Help
Immediately following your procedure, you will be cared for in our recovery room as you wake from the anesthesia, however, it is important to ask for the help of a friend or family member after your procedure. In addition to arranging for your transportation home, you will need a companion for at least the first 24 hours as you may need assistance.
One To Two Weeks Of Downtime Are Required
As mentioned, the length of recovery time varies from patient to patient, however, in most instances, one to two weeks of downtime are required. While activities should be limited for the first two days, you can begin to resume some day to day activities as soon as three days after the procedure and return to work after the first week.
Follow A Healthy Lifestyle
In order to aid the recovery process and ensure optimal results, it is important to live a healthy lifestyle. Avoid smoking both before and after your procedure and be sure to eat a healthy, balanced diet.
Avoid Heavy Pressure On The Breasts Or Lifting Arms
For the first 7 to 15 days after your surgery, it is necessary to avoid raising your arms or lifting heavy objects. It is also important to be careful not to put pressure on your breasts as they heal. This means that you should avoid sleeping on your stomach for at least one month.
Attend All Post-Operative Appointments
In the first two weeks of your recovery, it is imperative to attend all post-operative appointments. Your surgeon will inspect your incisions and remove the stitches under your arms approximately two weeks after your procedure.
Follow All Aftercare Instructions Provided
Be careful to follow all aftercare instructions provided and ask your surgeon should any questions or concerns arise. You may be instructed to wear a compression garment or band and massage your breasts to reduce bruising and accelerate the healing process. The minor risk of infection is increased if patients do not follow all postoperative instructions. Try not to worry however, post op instructions are simple- you should relax and take it easy during your recovery time.
During your consultation, Dr. Gartner, a leading, double-board certified plastic surgeon in New York and New Jersey, specializing in trans-axillary breast augmentation, will explain the recovery process in more detail and answer any questions that you may have in order to ensure that you are comfortable and well prepared for the days and weeks following your surgery.
Breast Augmentation With Implants
Additional Article About Breast Lift
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s What You Didn’t Know About The Emotional Factor
- Here Is The Information You Need To Know When Planning Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Do You Want To Appear Natural?
- Weighing The Pros & Cons - Smart Preparation For New Jersey Breast Augmentation Surgery
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Can Have Surprising Health Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Could This Be The Procedure You’ve Been Looking For?
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Provides Numerous Benefits
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation - Here’s How You Can Take Steps To Ensure You Have The Best Recovery Experience
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation Is Still The More Cost-Effective Option
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Cleavage With A New Jersey Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey - The Safest Way To Get Permanent Results
- Tips To Get Ready For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- How To Plan For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- The Best Ways To Prepare For Your New Jersey Breast Augmentation Consultation
- The Most Common New Jersey Breast Augmentation Question
- 4 Myths About New Jersey Breast Augmentation
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Having Breast Augmentation In New Jersey
- A Recovery Guide To Your Scarless Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Can Make Your Clothes Fit Better
- Breast Augmentation In New Jersey: Not One Size Fits All
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation And The New, Mini Boob Job
- New Jersey Breast Augmentation With A Lift
- Your Guide To Recovering Properly After Your Breast Lift Surgery
- Here’s What You Should Know If You’re Considering Swimming After Your Breast Lift
- How To Find The Perfect Bra Post Your Breast Lift Surgery
- How Will Having A Baby Affect Your Breast Lift?
- How To Find A Reputable Surgeon For Your Breast Lift
- Will A Breast Lift Procedure Involve Scarring?