Can You Use Someone Else’s Fat For Your Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure?
Brazilian Butt Lift
The Brazilian Butt Lift, otherwise known as a BBL, has quickly become one of the most requested cosmetic surgery procedures to create sculpted buttocks while also reducing excess fat in targeted areas of the body such as the waist and thighs. This two-step procedure involves extracting unwanted fat from various areas of the body, known as donor sites, using liposuction and injecting the harvested fat into the buttocks to enhance its size and shape.
Aside from its ability to dramatically transform a patient’s physique, one of the greatest advantages of this procedure is that it is incredibly natural, since it utilizes the patient’s own fat. An, “autologous” fat transfer works so well because your body naturally recognizes and accepts your own tissue. As a result, it is not possible to use someone else’s fat for your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.
Your Body Rejects The Fat Of Others
Some patients who hope to undergo a Brazilian Butt Lift worry that they do not have sufficient fat for the transfer, but in most instances, this is not a problem since fat can be removed from various parts of the body including the hips, abdomen, arms, thighs, and even chin. However, patients who do not have adequate fat are better suited to buttock implants than a Brazilian Butt Lift.
It is, unfortunately, not possible to transfer fat harvested from anyone else because your body will reject the fat- meaning that the tissue injected would die. This would put your safety at risk and could result in numerous long-term health problems, which is why it is not an acceptable practice.
Your Body Accepts Your Transferred Fat
In most cases, even very slender individuals have sufficient fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift, so long as the harvested fat is taken from several areas. Once injected into your buttocks, the fat wants to settle and establish itself where it is placed, which makes it an incredibly safe and natural procedure, but it is important to be aware that your body will reabsorb some of the transferred fat. In most instances, 60-85% of the injected fat survives the transfer. Dr. Gartner will carefully select the harvested fat to be grafted for long term results. Typically, fat taken from the abdomen and flanks is most stable post-operatively, even with minor weight fluctuations.
At Gartner Plastic Surgery and Laser Center, your safety is our number one priority. We take great measures to ensure that your surgical experience is incredibly safe and comfortable which is why we will not use someone else’s fat for your Brazilian Butt Lift and may recommend that you gain some weight prior to your surgery to ensure that your goals for the procedure can be met.
To obtain sufficient fat to transfer to the buttocks, the fat will have to have taken from other regions of the body. The most common fat donor sites are the abdomen and the flanks because the fat from these areas has been shown to persist, even if the client loses some weight in the future. Careful fat selection helps to ensure long-term results.
To learn more about a BBL and your eligibility for this procedure, we welcome you to contact our clinic today to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Michael Gartner, a leading double board certified Brazilian Butt Lift plastic surgeon in New York/New Jersey who is dedicated to helping patients achieve their goals in a minimally invasive manner.
Brazilian Butt Lift
Additional Article About Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Will Happen If I Lose Weight After a Brazilian Butt Lift in NJ
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift in NJ
- The Dos and Don’ts After Your Brazilian Butt Lift in NJ
- How To Take Care Of Your Brazilian Butt Lift in NJ
- The Best Way to Prepare for Your Brazilian Butt Lift in NJ
- Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey: 4 Facts You May Have Not Known Before
- How To Correctly Sit and Sleep After Your Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey
- 10 Things you should know about your Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey
- Who is a Good Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey?
- Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey- What Are The Benefits?
- How To Maximize The Results From Your Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey
- What You Need To Avoid After Your Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey
- Common Misconceptions About A Brazilian Butt Lift In New York
- Are You A Candidate For A Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey?
- 8 Tips To Help You Recover After Your Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey
- Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey: 10 Things You Should Do Before Your Procedure
- What You Need To Know When Recovering After Your Brazilian Butt Lift In New York
- Pre & Post-Surgery Diet To Recover Faster After Your Brazilian Butt Lift in New Jersey
- Brazilian Butt Lift Is The Best Reshaping Option
- Butt Contouring Is On Trend In New Jersey
- Creating Curves In New Jersey: Brazilian Butt Lift
- Does A Brazilian Butt Lift Achieve The Same Result As Squats?
- Get Beautiful Curves With A New Jersey Brazilian Butt Lift
- New Jersey Brazilian Butt Lift: The More Natural Makeover
- New Jersey Brazilian Butt Lifts Can Create The Right Shape
- New Jersey Butt Lift Procedures Explained
- The 2018 Brazilian Butt Lift
- Understanding The NJ Brazilian Butt Lift
- Will Your Brazilian Butt Lift Require Additional Procedures Over the Years?
- How Plastic Surgeons “Build” The Perfect Bum
- A Step-by-Step Guide To Your Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- Behind The Founder Of The Brazilian Butt Lift And How It Got So Popular
- Can You Use Someone Else’s Fat For Your Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure?
- Does A Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Require Incisions?
- Here Are Some Tips When Looking For A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgeon In New York
- How Is Recovery Different For A Brazilian Butt Lift With Implants VS Fat Grafting?
- What Are The Surgical Considerations Of A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Where Will Your Doctor Take Fat From For Your Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
- Maintaining Scars After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Buttocks Implants: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Things To Be Aware Of Before Getting Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- How Long Will Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift Last?
- When Will I See Results From My Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Getting Back Into Regular Routine After Brazilian Butt Lift
- Losing Weight After Brazilian Butt Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Fat Transfer
- How Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Done?